VP, Strategic Finance
Eight Sleep is the first sleep fitness company. At Eight Sleep we design products at the forefront of sleep innovation. Our mission is to fuel human potential through optimal sleep. We use innovative technology, detailed design, and proven science and data to personalize and improve each night for everybody—changing the way people sleep forever and for better.
Backed by leading Silicon Valley investors including Founders Fund, Khosla Ventures and Y Combinator, we’ve raised 68 million to date. We were recognized as one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in Consumer Electronics in 2018.
Our temperature-regulated smart bed, the Pod is an absolute game changer, improving people's health and happiness by changing the way they sleep. It was named one of Time Magazine’s Best Inventions of 2019. We’re excited by the recognition and still have a long way to go toward achieving our mission.
Eight Sleep is seeking a highly-motivated Strategic Finance Director who is passionate about driving strategic and operational improvements. Capable of functioning with confidence and expertise in a fast-paced and rapidly-changing business environment, you have industry expertise related to consumer electronics (hardware), SaaS, or a professional services. You have a record of success developing detailed annual plans, building complex financial models, and synthesizing data into actionable recommendations.
How You’ll Contribute:
- Establish the company’s annual budget and monthly forecast processes for revenues, operating expenses, and balance sheet. Highlight and understand major assumptions and their effects on the budget and forecast
- Partner with leadership on monthly, annual, and long-range budget and forecast planning
- Own the company’s three-scenario / three-statement financial model (income statement, balance sheet, cash flow) used for cash management and for Board of Director and investor reporting
- Support strategic planning by researching, analyzing, and modeling potential strategies
- Develop long-term scenario modeling to determine the profitability impact related to hardware and software (SaaS) pricing, mix strategies, new product releases, channel mix, etc.
- Develop ROI models for Sales and Marketing to evaluate new retail channels and deals, pricing, promotions, and media program spend
- Continuously drive forecast accuracy improvements
- Continuously develop systems and processes. Evaluate current processes, identify best practices, develop plans to reach goals and implement improvements
- Provide ad hoc analytical support to influence decision making with financial perspective
What You’ll Need to Succeed
- BS/BA/MBA in Business Administration, BS/BA in Finance, Economics and/or Masters in Finance
- 7+ years of progressive experience in FP&A within a consumer electronics or physical goods
- Advanced Excel and business modeling skills
- Strong capabilities for developing and presenting analyses and insights to senior management
- Exceptional business judgment; capable of driving results with a focused, pragmatic approach
- Ability to formulate strategies and identify trends through research and analysis of various data
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (e.g., confident with public speaking, ability to translate complex accounting concepts for everyone to understand)
- Team player with the ability to work independently and willingness to take on challenges in a dynamic environment
Bonus points for:
- Investment banking or SaaS experience
- Track record of building strong relationships with the Board/ Audit Committee and internal management at fast-paced consumer products or technology companies
Why you’ll love Eight Sleep:
- We’re a tight-knit, passionate team that’s working to improve people’s lives by improving the way they sleep
- Leadership is committed to employees’ wellness and career development
- You’ll get a better night sleep every night; all full-time employees receive the Pod
- Flexible, generous PTO
- 100% employer contribution for medical/dental/vision insurance
- Weekly company sponsored fitness classes
- Discounted gym memberships, commuter benefits
- Weekly team happy hours and lunches
- Office snacks
At Eight Sleep we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our values by ensuring everyone feels they can flourish and grow. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.