2023 Summer Internship: Business Analyst
At a Glance
- You're a motivated rising Junior or Senior with a 3.0 GPA or higher seeking a degree in one of the following areas listed below from an accredited college or university:
- Business, Computer Science, Analytics and Database Management
- This is a learning-intensive program designed to give you essential business insights and hands-on experience in your field of choice. It's a full-time, 10-week commitment from May 31, 2023 through August 4, 2023.
- Benefits include professional development sessions, networking opportunities, and mentorship.
The Spectrum Internship Experience
You have clear aspirations and are seeking a summer internship program that will help you meet them. Find it at Spectrum, named one of the 2022 Top 100 Internship Programs in the United States by WayUp and Yello.
Our internships are designed to provide:
- Opportunities to gain new skills and elevate the ones you already have, all in a robust and forward-thinking business setting.
- First-rate, hands-on experience in the telecommunications industry.
- Opportunities to connect you with people who can give you a better understanding of the industry and help you accomplish real goals you can add to your résumé, this includes assigning you a formal mentor and interactions with senior executives.
What you can expect in this role
As a Spectrum Intern, you'll be essential to the Business Planning department and our reporting and analytics group. Department and team-focused projects account for about 80% of your schedule. You'll spend the other 20% on professional development sessions and networking activities, including the Kickoff Conference on May 31st, webinars, community service, cross-functional project, and final presentations.
Internship responsibilities may include
- The intern in this role will be supporting the Field Operations Business Planning team to improve automation of bonus goal results, planning, audit compliance and improve visibility by producing complex reporting and analysis to facilitate data driven decision-making.
As such, the Intern in this role will be responsible for creating reports and dashboards by gathering and understanding leadership requirements, data query analysis and documentation. This will require work across multiple cross-functional teams in a collaborative manner.
Here's what it takes to get started
- Must be currently enrolled in an accredited College or University completing a Bachelor's Degree or Advanced Degree
- Must have at least a 3.0 GPA or greater in current program
- Ability to travel locally to Spectrum Intern development events and activities throughout the program
- Authorization to work in the U.S. without restrictions or need for future sponsorship
- Authorization to work in the U.S. without restrictions or need for Charter Sponsorship
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Oral and written skills
- Organizational skills
- Problem solving abilities
- Familiarity with MS Office Suite: Excel, PowerPoint, Word
- Analytic skills required in business, computer science, or data science
- Ability to analyze a complex problem, gather data, present findings, and make recommendations
- Familiarity with communications industry, and/or technologies is desired
GGN100 331373 331373BR