Audience Development & Insights Intern
Group Nine Media is currently seeking an energetic, informed, and responsible Audience Development and Insights Intern. Our interns will learn the ins and outs of Group Nine Media from every angle you can imagine. Whether you’re joining us as a video, tech, executive, insights, HR, marketing or events intern, you will receive hands on experience within the digital media industry. You will learn how our company functions on the day-to-day, and gain a firsthand look at how various parts of the organization come together to spark action.
The Audience Development and Insights team is responsible for managing how we use and access data at Group Nine. The key areas of focus include brand research, sales and audience insights, SEO. We work with all the brands, as well as the corporate functions like finance and technology.
- Work with stakeholders to understand data requirements and help prioritize reporting needs
- Aid brands in tracking against key consumption and revenue KPIs by distributed platform
- Help build dashboards for daily, weekly, and monthly reporting for key stakeholders within Group Nine (from management to individual producers)
- Assist in automation of reporting and insight generation
- Perform quality assurance testing against our datasets across all platforms
- Assist Insights team in deep dives into performance spikes or dips and develop testing strategies for the platforms
- High school degree or equivalent; must be enrolled in an accredited university/college program
- Must be a rising junior, senior or recent graduate
- A passion for the content we cover and familiarity with our brands
- Passion, knowledge or experience in the digital media industry
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Independent team player, who comes to the table with new ideas and is engaging
- Interested in honing data analytics skills likes SQL and Excel
About Group Nine Media:
Group Nine Media is one of the world's largest digital-first media companies, boasting over 5 billion monthly video views and reaching 80% of U.S. adults in their 20s. As the no. 1 most engaging publisher on the social web, Group Nine's brands are built for consumption on the platforms where their millennial-focused audience spends the majority of their time. Group Nine is home to NowThis (the no. 1 most watched video news creator on social), The Dodo (the no. 1 animal brand on social), Thrillist (the most trusted brand in food, drink, travel & entertainment) and Seeker (the digital leader in science and innovation).
Group Nine Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law. Group Nine Media is also a participant in e-verify.