Customer Insights Intern, Pinnacle Platform Team at DoubleVerify
Customer Insights Intern, Pinnacle Platform Team (Virtual Internship)
Who we are
DoubleVerify is a leading software platform for digital media measurement, data and analytics. DV’s mission is to be the definitive source of transparency and data-driven insights into the quality and effectiveness of digital advertising for the world’s largest brands, publishers and digital ad platforms. DV’s technology platform provides advertisers with consistent and unbiased data and analytics that can be used to optimize the quality and return on their digital ad investments. Since 2008, DV has helped hundreds of Fortune 500 companies gain the most from their media spend by delivering best in class solutions across the digital advertising ecosystem, helping to build a better industry. Learn more at www.doubleverify.com.
What you’ll do
Pinnacle is DV’s premier self-service platform serving a wide range of customers worldwide, to facilitate campaign setup tasks and access measurement data as they use DV’s services to authenticate their media spends.
We are seeking an intern who is an analytical thinker interested in learning more about customers’ usage patterns, health of key products and systems, the ad tech ecosystem and enjoys getting lost in the weeds of data analysis. This role is a 6-week, full-time, virtual engagement that runs from July 6th - August 14th, 2020.
As an intern, you will be embedded in the Activation cohort within the Pinnacle Product team, gaining exposure to a talented product and engineering team.
Responsibilities will include:
- Develop your own subject matter expertise on specific self-service offerings through a combination of guided onboarding, discovery through documentation, and self-guided use of our tool set.
- Understand and propose additional KPIs and areas for analysis that can contribute to the product and/or marketing strategy.
- Write SQL queries and extract data from internal systems to perform independent data analysis.
- Use additional third-party analytics tracking tools to gather data.
- Create Pivot Tables and models with Excel.
- Create short presentations and present your findings in smaller groups for iterative feedback.
- Attend relevant Activation team meetings and meetings with other cross-functional teams.
Who you are
- Self-starter and self-motivated individual who is able to work in a fast-paced environment
- A current undergraduate student pursuing a bachelor’s degree in computer science, math, or related field
- Basic to intermediate proficiency in SQL and Microsoft Excel
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills
- Previous experience using data visualization or BI tools is a plus
- Interested in learning more about digital advertising and the ad tech industry
- Someone who likes to transform numbers into usable insights (or is interested in gaining the opportunity to do so)
- Creative problem solver