Data Engineer Intern at DoubleVerify
Data Engineer Intern (Virtual Internship)
Who we are
DoubleVerify is a leading software platform for digital media measurement, data, and analytics. DV’s mission is to be the definitive source of transparency and data-driven insights into the quality and effectiveness of digital advertising for the world’s largest brands, publishers, and digital ad platforms. DV’s technology platform provides advertisers with consistent and unbiased data and analytics that can be used to optimize the quality and return on their digital ad investments. Since 2008, DV has helped hundreds of Fortune 500 companies gain the most from their media spend by delivering best in class solutions across the digital advertising ecosystem, helping to build a better industry. Learn more at www.doubleverify.com.
What you’ll do
As a Data Engineer Intern, you will work with DoubleVerify’s versatile Engineering and Product teams on mission-critical systems that process billions of real-time transactions a day and solve/address complex challenges with Big-Data processing and analytics at scale. This role is a 6-week, full-time, virtual engagement that runs from July 6th - August 14th, 2020.
- Research, Conceive and Build Software and Data-Intensive applications that contribute to and extends DoubleVerify’s suite of Social Viewability and Brandsuitability measurement products
- Work on cutting edge big data technologies to build large scale batch and streaming pipelines using Cloud and big-data technologies on the Google Cloud Platform.
- Work in multi-functional agile teams with end-to-end responsibility for product development and delivery. Take ownership of the product under the guidance of your mentor and work in tandem with product manager interns.
- Improve data quality through testing, tooling, and automation.
- Help maintain and support mission-critical services. Research, Conceive, and Build a new Operations Console Center by working in tandem with Social Product interns.
- Work in multi-functional agile teams with end-to-end responsibility for product development and delivery. Take ownership of the product under the guidance of your mentor.
Who you are
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor or Master of Science Degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Passionate about Data and a creative problem solver
- You have a deep understanding of data structures and algorithms and experience writing code in languages such as C++, Java, Scala, or Python.
- You have good knowledge of SQL and RDMS
- Experience with/knowledge of Distributed Systems and Frameworks such as Hadoop and Spark