Digital Community Manager - Intern at Tastemakers Africa
Founded in 2014, Tastemakers Africa is a trusted community marketplace for black millennials looking to connect to culture and heritage worldwide. Our roots are in disrupting the narrative on travel in Africa through authentic experiences with locals in African cities. We now have our sights on taking this model throughout the continent and across the African diaspora in an effort to build community, connections, and understanding among people of African descent.
Experiences on Tastemakers Africa are tours, events, and activities that gives guests "insider level" access to culture and community wherever they travel. Each curator is selected based on their connection to the community, their passion for sharing their city, and the interesting and unique way they can create something epic for visitors.
In a short time Tastemakers Africa has become one of the most influential brands in Africa and within the diaspora community worldwide. That influence is set to reach epic proportions with the launch of new cities and an expanded product line. Our ambition is to shape the future of travel and make, shape, and lead significant cultural impact and in turn, establish Tastemakers as a voice and authority in culture-forward, authentic travel that goes beyond surface.
In order to realize this opportunity, Tastemakers Africa is looking for an intern to focus on the digital community management across Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram. Our goal is to engage and "listen" to our potential user community to identify needs and interests that inform our product and engagement strategy. This role will report directly to our Global Head of Marketing.
- Track mentions of "Tastemakers Africa", African Travel, and Diasporan Travel across Twitter, Facebook, Facebook Groups, and Instagram
- Engage and Create digital opportunities to build community around Tastemakers target audience across social platforms
- Create opportunities to bridge the gap between Tastemakers online community and offline experiences
- Track and supply data analysis for outreach approach
- Build and manage relationships with customers, micro influencers, and brand ambassadors online
- Develop digital community engagement campaigns and programs that drive measurable customer acquisition and engagement
- Build and develop partnerships, collaborations, and campaigns with relevant online and offline communities to drive growth and engagement
Required Experience, Skills And Knowledge
- Tapped into the pulse of “Africa Rising" and the cultural verticals that orbit the category (i.e. Fashion, Art, Music, Design, Film, Food)
- Insider level knowledge of trends, brands, and influencers across Africa and the diaspora
- Proficiency in building relationships across a diverse range of people across departments and industries
- Strong communication, copyrighting skills
- Experience with Airtable, Mailchimp, and/or other CRM tools
- Avid social media user, especially on Instagram
- Experience with Hootsuite or other social media scheduling and analytics tools
- Design/Editing experience a plus
What We Offer
- Work on a suite of modern products that will change the travel industry for the better
- Work on a disruptive platform with high cultural impact and leverage
- An annual team conference in Africa
- Ongoing internal team workshops and local conference access
- Monthly happy hours with our HQ team in New York City
- Monthly MTA benefits
- Tastemakers experience credits, to be used by you or gifted away
- Academic course credit