Electrical Engineering Co-Op Intern - Fall 2019 at Latch
* This is a full-time fall co-op internship based in New York City. Latch does not provide housing or a relocation stipend for interns. Additionally, this intern must be able to commit to working full-time over the semester; 40 hours/week. *
Latch is hiring an Electrical Engineering Co-Op Intern for the Fall 2019 semester, to work closely with the hardware engineering team to design, prototype, and test electronics for the next generation of access control hardware. The engineering team works in a fast-paced and highly-challenging environment, which means that as an intern at Latch, you’ll be given real projects that greatly impact the future of the company.
Smart access isn’t about locking doors, it’s about opening up new possibilities. Latch is the world’s first fully-integrated hardware and software system dedicated to bringing seamless access to every door in a modern building. We’re looking for the curious and the creative to join our team and help us continue to change the way we access our most valued spaces.
- Design and development of prototype circuits for future products
- Rapid prototyping of test platforms and electronics modifications
- Failure analysis of components, circuits, and systems
- Automation fixture design and development
- Technical documentation
- Pursuing a bachelor's degree in electrical or computer engineering
- Experience with embedded prototyping platforms such as Arduino and Raspberry Pi
- Familiar with test equipment such as power supplies, oscilloscopes, and multimeters
- Experience with soldering and cable construction
- Able to work independently and efficiently to meet deadlines
- Possess strong verbal, written, analytical and interpersonal skills
- Passion for creating prototypes
- Experience with electronics CAD software such as Altium, Eagle, Orcad or KiCad
- Comfortable in interdisciplinary projects
- Hands-on project experience
Founded in 2013, Latch is a venture-backed, high-growth organization that's on a mission to change the way people open, manage, and share their spaces. Today, 1 in 10 new developments in the U.S. depend on our full-building smart access solution to meet the needs of residents and property managers.
We are a team of just over 200 employees, all of whom are passionate self starters with unique backgrounds and unexpected stories. We offer unlimited time off, a competitive health package, and the opportunity to work in a creative, dynamic, and fast-paced office environment. We are located just a quick walk from both Hudson Yards and Penn Station in New York City.