Firmware Engineering Co-Op Intern - Fall 2019 at Latch
* This is a fall co-op internship based in New York City. Latch does not provide housing or a relocation stipend for interns. Additionally, this intern must be able to commit to working either part-time or full-time over the semester; 20 - 40 hours/week. *
Latch is hiring a Firmware Engineering Co-Op Intern for the Fall 2019 semester, to work closely with the firmware engineering team to design, prototype, and test firmware for the next generation of access control hardware. The engineering team works in a fast-paced and highly-challenging environment, which means that as an intern at Latch, you’ll be given real projects that greatly impact the future of the company.
Smart access isn’t about locking doors, it’s about opening up new possibilities. Latch is the world’s first fully-integrated hardware and software system dedicated to bringing seamless access to every door in a modern building. We’re looking for the curious and the creative to join our team and help us continue to change the way we access our most valued spaces.
- Participate in development, verification and troubleshooting of embedded firmware.
- Work on firmware development for quick prototyping of future product features.
- Work with security engineers to find and fix security vulnerabilities in firmware.
- Work on setting up reliability tests, power consumption measurement and analysis.
- Work with test, backend and mobile engineers to help develop and run test automation scripts.
- Assist with documentation.
- Pursuing BS/MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or a similar field.
- Proficient in C programming and at least one scripting language (Python preferred).
- Experience or interest in communication protocols like SPI, UART and I2C
- Experience working on projects which used a Raspberry Pi, Arduino, IoT dev kits strongly preferred.
- Preferred: Experience or interest in security. Coursework in cryptography or security architecture preferred.
Founded in 2013, Latch is a venture-backed, high-growth organization that's on a mission to change the way people open, manage, and share their spaces. Today, 1 in 10 new developments in the U.S. depend on our full-building smart access solution to meet the needs of residents and property managers.
We are a team of just over 200 employees, all of whom are passionate self-starters with unique backgrounds and unexpected stories. We offer unlimited time off, a competitive health package, and the opportunity to work in a creative, dynamic, and fast-paced office environment. We are located just a quick walk from both Hudson Yards and Penn Station in New York City.