Hardware Reliability Engineering Co-Op Intern - Spring 2020
* This is a full-time spring co-op internship based in New York City. Latch does not provide housing or a relocation stipend for interns. Additionally, this intern must be able to commit to working full-time over the semester; 40 hours/week. *
Latch is hiring a Hardware Reliability Engineering Co-Op Intern for the Spring 2020 semester, to be responsible for analyzing and testing prototypes to aid in the development of our products. The engineering team works in a fast-paced and highly-challenging environment, which means that as an intern at Latch, you’ll be given real projects that greatly impact the future of the company.
Smart access isn’t about locking doors, it’s about opening up new possibilities. Latch is the world’s first fully-integrated hardware and software system dedicated to bringing seamless access to every door in a modern building. We’re looking for the curious and the creative to join our team and help us continue to change the way we access our most valued spaces.
- Work closely with the Electrical Engineering, Mechanical engineering, and Firmware Engineering teams to design test strategies
- Modify or create new test scripts to assess product reliability
- Set up, monitor, and report the results of reliability tests
- Analyze data using statistical tools to drive improvements
- Identify high-risk failure modes in engineering development
- Develop new tests based on expected user behaviors
- Participate in measurement analysis utilizing statistical tools
- Perform root cause analysis on product failures
- Pursuing a bachelor’s or master's degree in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, or a related technical field from an accredited engineering program
- Experience programming with Python strongly preferred
- Possess strong verbal, written, analytical, and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in statistical/reliability software
- Experience with electronics CAD software such as Altium, Orcad or KiCad (Preferred)
- Comfortable in interdisciplinary projects
- Hands-on project experience (any IoT type projects will be a plus)
Founded in 2014, Latch is a venture-backed, high-growth organization that's on a mission to change the way people open, manage, and share their spaces. Today, 1 in 10 new developments in the U.S. depend on our full-building smart access solution to meet the needs of residents and property managers.
We are a team of just over 200 employees, all of whom are passionate self-starters with unique backgrounds and unexpected stories. We offer the opportunity to work in a creative, dynamic, and fast-paced office environment. We are located just a quick walk from both Hudson Yards and Penn Station in New York City.