Hardware Reliability Engineering Intern - Summer 2020 at Latch
* This is a full-time summer internship in New York City. Latch is unable to provide summer housing or a relocation stipend for summer interns. Additionally, interns must be able to commit to working full-time over the summer, 40 hours/week. *
Latch is hiring a Hardware Reliability Engineering Intern for our Hardware Team to be responsible for analyzing and testing prototypes to aid in the development of our products. As our Hardware Reliability Intern, you’ll assist the team in performing root cause failure analysis of electronics, mechanical, and firmware issues. You'll use company data to drive continuous improvement across multiple product lines, and work with our design, manufacturing, and product teams to make us successful.
The engineering team works in a fast-paced and highly-challenging environment, which means that as an intern at Latch, you’ll be given real projects that greatly impact the future of the company.
Smart access isn’t about locking doors, it’s about opening up new possibilities. Latch is the world’s first fully-integrated hardware and software system dedicated to bringing seamless access to every door in a modern building. We’re looking for the curious and the creative to join our team and help us continue to change the way we access our most valued spaces.
- Work closely with the Electrical Engineering, Mechanical engineering, and Firmware Engineering teams to design test strategies
- Modify or create new test scripts to assess product reliability
- Set up, monitor, and report the results of reliability tests
- Analyze data using statistical tools to drive improvements
- Identify high-risk failure modes in engineering development
- Develop new tests based on expected user behaviors
- Participate in measurement analysis utilizing statistical tools
- Perform root cause analysis on product failures
- You are currently pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s in Electrical Engineering, Industrial & Systems Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or a similar field (preference for those graduating Winter 2020 or Spring 2021)
- Experience programming with Python strongly preferred
- Possess strong verbal, written, analytical, and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in statistical/reliability software
- Experience with electronics CAD software such as Altium, Orcad or KiCad (Preferred)
- Comfortable in interdisciplinary projects
- Hands-on project experience (any IoT type projects will be a plus)
Founded in 2014, Latch is a venture-backed, high-growth organization that's on a mission to change the way people open, manage, and share their spaces. Today, 1 in 10 new developments in the U.S. depend on our full-building smart access solution to meet the needs of residents and property managers.
We are a team of just over 200 employees, all of whom are passionate self-starters with unique backgrounds and unexpected stories. We are located just a quick walk from both Hudson Yards and Penn Station in New York City. Interns will have the opportunity to work in a creative, dynamic, and fast-paced office environment. Come grow with us.