Intern - Security at Unqork
Unqork is a no-code application platform that helps large enterprises build complex custom software faster, with higher quality, and lower costs than conventional approaches. Rather than relying on the need for code to translate business logic into an application, Unqork lets you design and build complex, fully functional applications using an intuitive visual interface. Whether it be insurance, health care, financial services, or public enterprise, Unqork is solving complex issues for industries across the board without ever writing a single line of code.
Our CEO and founder, Gary Hoberman, previously worked at MetLife and Citigroup and has spent the last 24 years helping top financial institutions bring transformative solutions to the market. During his time at MetLife Gary began envisioning Unqork and brought together our leadership team who has created a collaborative and inventive environment where our employees flourish.This hand-picked team of industry professionals are leading a massive paradigm shift in the way software is built
About the 2020 Unqork Internship Program
This summer join Unqork in the no-code revolution! Unqork is seeking talented and driven individuals to participate in an exciting two-month internship program. During these eight weeks, you will be immersed in our inclusive and stimulating culture, working closely with some of the city’s best talent in your field and learning about the industry from veteran mentors.
At Unqork, we place great importance on personal growth both behind the desk and in front. Network with company leaders during our weekly happy hours and enjoy exciting social outings planned for you and your mentors. And best of all, be surrounded with forward-thinking individuals who are passionate about what they do.
Are you ready for a dynamic, fast-paced summer? Come with plenty of energy because we just don't move that slowly!
8 week long internship from June 15th through August 7th. We will kick-off your welcome with two days of training and orientation.
Other highlights include:
- Work on cross-functional teams
- Weekly meetings and feedback from managers
- Learning experiences with Unqork’s Senior Leadership Team
- Unqork “Yoda” Mentorship
- Case Study Project showcasing your work from the summer
- Lunch on us every Tuesday and Thursday
- Weekly happy hour and social events
- Weekly Learning Bites with distinguished guest
- NYC Outings
About Your Team:
The Security Team at Unqork operates at the intersection of technology, development, and governance; our team provides support to other parts of the business in building and designing secure systems, and ensuring that we operate in accordance with best practices and applicable regulatory frameworks. We see information security, data privacy, and regulatory compliance as strategic differentiators between us and our competition, and strive to continue developing a best in class product with security always in mind.
This Summer You Will
As an intern on the Security Team, you will participate in daily meetings, and shadow members of the Security Team across three primary areas of operation: Security Operations, Security Engineering, and Governance Risk & Compliance. After getting your footing, you will have the opportunity to design your own project in collaboration with a member of the Security Team, that you will have an opportunity to present to senior members of our organization. You’ll have opportunities to speak up, solve problems, lead others, and be an owner every day as you...
- Perform hands-on work in an information security environment supporting Unqork clients
- Assist the Information Security Team with day-to-day tasks
- Analyze, evaluate, and help implement new tools
- Work on projects such as monitoring, analysis, threat evaluation, password policy, etc
- Help find solutions to compliance issues
- Work with basic security tools, systems, and technical applications
- Gain on-the-job work experience aligned with your career objectives
- Perform additional responsibilities as requested to achieve business goals
You are technically savvy, but not necessarily a computer scientist. You may be a command line aficionado or a research guru. A successful applicant will have an interest in cybersecurity, familiarity with general concepts and industry basics, and a strong desire to learn.
To make the most of the opportunity however, you should:
- Have strong proficiency with G-Suite (Sheets, Docs, Gmail,)
- Possess strong interpersonal and communication skills (both written and oral)
- Have a desire and experience working in a team environment
- Be detail oriented
- Possess the ability to manage multiple tasks in order to meet assigned deadlines
- Be a self-starter who takes initiative and is able to work under moderate supervision
- Have an interest in pursuing a career in cybersecurity
- Be studying computer science, or a similar field where you have exposure to technical concepts
- Have an understanding of basic security concepts such as encryption, firewalls, cloud-computing, and common cybersecurity frameworks (e.g., GDPR, NIST, CCP, ISO-27001)
Those who are Eligible:
- Must be authorized to work in the US
- Must be a rising senior at a US university
- Must be available to work 40 hours a week
*Travel expenses and NYC accommodation not covered by the internship program*
Unqork is an equal opportunity employer, and proud to be committed to diversity and inclusiveness. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability or age.