Marketing Design Intern (Fall 2019)
Braze delivers customer experiences across email, mobile, SMS, and web. Customers, including Citi, Disney, Urban Outfitters, and Venmo, use the Braze platform to facilitate real-time experiences between brands and consumers in a more authentic and human way. And we do it at scale – each month, tens of billions of messages are sent to a network of over 1.8 billion active users through Braze.
Need more proof? Braze was named a Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Mobile Marketing Platforms in 2019. The company has also been named on the Forbes Cloud 100 list and as one of Inc. Magazine’s 2019 Best Places to work.
We are headquartered in New York with offices in London, San Francisco and Singapore. And we have 400 employees and are growing!
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
We’re looking for a multifaceted, collaborative Intern to work across a variety of marketing channels with a focus on site design, email, banner, and social assets, including motion graphics for animated experiences and short videos. Other work will include traditional marketing materials such as presentations, brochures, postcards, and branded print collateral for events. You will partner with cross-discipline teams to activate the Braze brand voice and vision, driving sales of our innovative technology among other business goals.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Assist in drafting brand standards and producing assets to aid with consistency.
- Assist with maintaining/compiling vendor and freelance resource lists, including video, photo and illustration.
- Assist with ongoing rollout of our mascot aimed at internal and customer facing communications
- Execute article graphics to be published on our site and promoted through social media.
- Research competitive landscape to help inform how we differentiate our visual aesthetic.
- Research internal data and metrics to be leveraged for optimizing our creative for performance.
WHO YOU ARE
- Available to commit to a 10 week internship, upon start date, 20 hours per week
- Currently be enrolled in a 4 year university pursuing a degree in one of the related fields: Design, Communications, Marketing, Advertising
- Interested in pursuing a career in design across mediums
- Possess a portfolio that demonstrates versatility and a broad range of design knowledge and skills
- Knowledgeable of industry tools (Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and AfterEffects, Keynote, Sketch, etc.)
- Knowledgeable of website design fundamentals, including responsive best practices
- Experience creating print materials for press and content-heavy collateral
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work on multiple projects
- A self-starter with the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to juggle multiple, demanding tasks simultaneously and with accuracy
- Prior internship experience in design or marketing strongly preferred
- BONUS POINTS FOR:
- Proficiency with Figma, HTML, Video Editing.
- Ability to illustrate abstract concepts.
- Prior 2D animation experience.
- Exposure to pre-press and print production techniques.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Daily catered lunches and fully stocked kitchen with snacks and beverages
- Collaborative, transparent, collegial and fun loving office culture
- Compensation for your hard work and many contributions
In addition, this position is non-exempt and is eligible for overtime under the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.