Marketing/Communications Intern - Summer 2019
Squarespace, the all-in-one website building platform that empowers anyone with a creative idea to succeed, is looking for two Marketing Interns to support our Media & Acquisition and Communications teams in our New York headquarters this summer. Our Marketing Interns should be motivated and results-driven students who are curious, analytical, and creative.
Our Media & Acquisition team is responsible for the paid ads you’ve seen on the subway or heard on your favorite podcast. As our intern, you should be passionate about learning the mechanics of media and have a keen eye for detail.
Our Communications team works across the entire organization to tell compelling stories about our people, products, and business to build awareness of Squarespace and establish it as a leading global brand. As our intern, you should be passionate about spreading Squarespace’s message through many different forms of communication to both external and internal audiences.
Applications without cover letters will not be considered.
Cover Letter Question:
In your cover letter please speak to an instance in which you had a difficult problem and explain how you solved it creatively.
MEDIA & ACQUISITION RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conduct research and outreach to inform media planning
- Collect data, monitor campaign efficacy, and report on the team’s metrics for success; use data suggest tests and opportunities to improve performance
- Learn what makes an effective ad spot, document best practices and test results, and work with Creative to improve future campaigns
- Support marketing initiatives and help with administrative responsibilities
- Write media pitches and press materials
- Drive research across multiple projects
- Research, build, and maintain media lists
- Monitor relevant news outlets and create coverage reports
- General support on various external and internal communications activities and projects
- Current student with a graduation date of December 2019 or Spring 2020
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, or other related field
- Previous marketing internship experience a plus
- Comfort working in Google Drive and Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated with a keen eye for detail
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 800 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.