MBA Intern, Acting Chief of Staff at Healthify
We’re looking for an MBA Intern to join us for 9 - 12 weeks this summer (beginning in May or June 2020) in our New York City office. This is a paid opportunity. In this role, you will complete projects that deal with strategic business initiatives and gain exposure to top management within multiple functional areas. You should apply if you are excited about getting real in-depth exposure to the strategic planning process at a growing, early-stage, mission-driven startup. We're excited about meeting candidates of all backgrounds!About Us
At Healthify we're rethinking how healthcare organizations and communities work together to connect struggling populations to social services.
Our founding team of technologists and social workers came from a background of working with vulnerable patients in Baltimore hospitals. They saw how social needs - like access to food and housing - dramatically impacted healthcare outcomes and costs and were moved to create Healthify with the mission of building a world where no one’s health is hindered by their need. Our products are now used by some of the country’s largest healthcare organizations
Since our founding, we’ve been backed by impact investors and VCs - from Kapor Capital to Primary Venture Partners - and we’ve built a team that’s both diverse and mission-driven. We enjoy meeting people who share in our commitment to cultivating a thoughtful and safe work environment, and who are results focused. People from marginalized and underrepresented communities are encouraged to get in touch!
RequirementsAbout the Role
The MBA Intern will:
- Report to our Chief Operating Officer
- Support our half-yearly strategic planning programs across the organization
- Help plan our Q2 Board meeting
- Provide expertise in project management and managerial finance to our executive team
- Identify and execute on a capstone project of your choosing
- 4+ years of experience; preferably within Business Operations, Finance, or Strategy
- Strong project management, analytical and critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated leadership in previous roles
- Integrity and commitment to high ethical standards
- Experience supporting company growth and working at a strategic level through cross-business initiatives
- Comfortable presenting to large teams and in company-wide meetings
...and the following would be nice:
- Experience working with early-stage businesses
- Familiarity with the healthcare industry
Together, we live into our Core Values
- We lead with empathy: We believe in kindness, empathy, assuming good intentions and finding mutual understanding from our teammates, customers, and users.
- We lean into vulnerability: We're not afraid to ask for help or give and receive feedback. We build off our failures and don’t shy away from tough conversations.
- We rise above the status quo: We hold our work to a high standard. We continuously learn and improve so that we can develop excellent products for the people and communities we serve
- We match grit with wit: We love a challenge and the opportunity to get creative and solve interesting problems
...and to further support them, we offer:
- Flexible work schedule with work-from-home options
- Twice weekly team lunches
- A commitment to diversity & inclusion
- Code of conduct with reporting procedures
Healthify does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other reason prohibited by law in provision of employment opportunities and benefits.