Operations and Growth Intern
In this role, you’ll work primarily with our Audience Development Manager to provide both insight and analysis into how Artsy’s editorial stories are resonating with our audiences, as well as provide quality control in terms of fact-checking content.
Artsy Editorial is a publication that tackles subjects across art, from the names that make up art historical canon to the contemporary artists making the most compelling work today, and visual culture, the images that saturate our culture and their significance. Within the larger team, the Ops & Growth team focuses on the day-to-day publication processes as well as longer range strategic planning and collaboration with other teams internally. The Ops & Growth team is integral for informing programming, distribution, and partnerships for Artsy Editorial.
The Operations and Growth Intern will focus primarily on data analysis and putting together thoughtful, insightful, and actionable reports and presentations for our editors and writers to use and refer to as they plan and expand their coverage. With your eyes on a wide variety of stories, you’ll be in a key position to help us workshop headlines and think about packaging for different distribution channels. An interest in social media strategy, analytics, and SEO is key for the successful Operations intern. In addition, you will also be an integral part of our fact-checking process and help to ensure the veracity of the stories we publish each and every day.
The successful intern will play an integral part in Artsy Editorial’s growth and our goal to produce journalism that pushes the conversation around art forward.
- Undertaking data analysis of article performance across content verticals
- Building presentations and outlining key takeaways for writers and editors
- Defining and updating packaging best practices for different article types as well as different distribution channels
- Ensuring that all of our articles are SEO optimized and working closely with writers and editors in order to do so
- Collaborating with Artsy’s Social Media team to plan out social programming and report on performance
- Managing Editorial Flipboard account every week to update with newly published content
- Tracking success of linkshare and syndication partnerships
- Fact-checking article copy across various writers and editors
- 1+ years experience working in an Editorial environment, and have hands-on experience fact-checking the work of other writers
- You are extremely detail-oriented, have excellent project and time management skills, and know how to prioritize your work efficiently.
- You are experienced in data analysis. You love working with data and numbers and know how to pull out relevant information
- You are passionate about a career in digital media, and spend most of your time thinking about the possibilities of storytelling online
- You feel very comfortable undertaking extensive independent research, data analysis, and fact-checking tasks.
- You are a strong collaborator who is excited be part of a dynamic, close-knit editorial team, and you get a thrill out of working in a fast-paced environment.You are a strategic problem solver
- You are a clear, efficient, and empathetic communicator
- You have experience working in a fast-paced, deadline continuous environment
- You are familiar with Microsoft Excel, and analytics platforms like: Parsel.y, Google Analytics, Chartbeat, or Looker
- Proficiency with HTML or SQL (plus, but not required)
Artsy empowers a global audience to learn about, discover, and collect art. Our mission is to expand the art market to support more artists and art in the world.
We partner with leading museums, international galleries, auction houses, and art fairs to create the world’s largest marketplace for art, transforming one of the last industries to fully embrace technology by creating a more accessible and connected digital landscape for art consumption.
Artsy is a company with a culture that naturally empowers its employees to do their best and most creative work. We are working to expand access to the art world, deepen passion and engagement with art and those who create it, and impact culture on a global scale. At Artsy, we envision a future where everyone is moved by art everyday.
At Artsy there are no specific work hours or policies, no pointless bureaucracy. We only care that you achieve inspiring results and are a joy to work with. This means you must be highly energetic, enthusiastic, and resourceful—no problem is too big or too small for you to tackle. You will enjoy both responsibility and autonomy in your work.
WORKING AT ARTSY
Artsy has five core values that will inform your experience at Artsy.
Art x Science: We believe in uniting empathy with logic, emotion with data, and intuition with research in everything we do. Whether in business strategy or design, culture or code, we seek the magic that happens when the often separate worlds of art and science come together.
People are Paramount: We spend extraordinary energy finding the best person for a job—and once found, we give them the trust and autonomy to be CEO of their role. We avoid pointless bureaucracy and prefer to empower people with information rather than limit them with process.
Quality Worthy of Art: We aim to create an experience worthy of all the world’s art and so hold ourselves to the highest standards in all our work. We believe that the best long term quality comes from rapid shipping, iterating, and learning as we go.
Positive Energy: We know positivity and optimism benefit our work, and we harness positive energy as a vehicle towards greater awareness, growth, and collaboration. We believe in cultivating a positive relationship to art as opposed to one based on exclusivity or scarcity.
Openness: We believe in being open with each other and the world—whether in open-sourcing our code, sharing feedback, or building a diverse and inclusive work culture. We believe in bringing our full selves to work and manifesting an open world where everyone has access to art.
Artsy is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, and veteran status.