Prop Styling Intern, Fall 2018
Founded in 2010, Birchbox is a leading beauty and grooming retailer, offering an efficient, personalized way to discover and shop for new products. We redefined the e-commerce experience by pairing a monthly subscription of samples with a curated online shop featuring more than 800 best-in-class brands. Every month, subscribers receive five prestige samples tailored to their unique profile along with inspiring editorial content that creates a seamless path to purchase full-size versions of their favorites on Birchbox.com. In 2012, we launched Birchbox Man and expanded internationally, and in 2014, we opened our first brick-and-mortar store in Soho. Today we have more than one million subscribers and operate in five countries, including France, Spain, UK, and Belgium. Birchbox is headquartered in New York City.
Birchbox is looking for an enthusiastic and creative Prop Styling Intern who will work with the Photo Department to assist in all internal photo studio needs of a growing start-up.
This candidate is someone who will go above and beyond to get the job done, no matter how big or small. The right person is detail-oriented, a self-starter, enjoys problem-solving and seeks mentorship to learn how an in-house photo studio operates, as well as fine tune on-set techniques. The Prop Styling Intern will work directly with the Birchbox Photo team and will assist in photo production.
The Prop Styling Intern at Birchbox will:
- Assist the Brand Stylist and work closely with the rest of the photo team during photo shoots and video shoots
- Maintain the organization and cleanliness of our in-house photo studio, equipment and props
- Assist in sourcing and buying props as needed
- Assist in creating props as needed
- Have a solid understanding of both the new BIRCHBOX and BIRCHBOX MAN style guide and where we are trying to move the brands
- Support in ensuring that the office space is tastefully decorated and current
- Support in addressing any needs of the Soho retail store
- Work with the photo intern on any projects that may arise
A successful Prop Styling Intern candidate will:
- Be a current undergraduate student majoring in merchandising or similar fields
- Have experience with composition and prop styling
- Interest in Commercial/Editorial Lifestyle and Still Life Photography
** Please note this internship is for credit only. Candidates must be able to dedicate 15-20 hours per week throughout the fall semester. **