Public Relations & Communications Intern
We're looking for a bright, motivated Public Relations intern who embodies the 4 H’s of CBI- hungry, helpful, humble, and happy.
We are looking for a sharp, detail-oriented, and nimble intern who is passionate about pursuing a career in PR. He/she is eager to learn the in’s and out’s of media relations, keep track of trending news, uncover new insights in industries ranging from fintech to AI and healthcare, and help create a compelling narrative around our data. Furthermore, he/she understands that bringing a great attitude to work is the key ingredient for success.
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone interested in public relations. As a member of CB Insights’ in-house PR team, you’ll work directly with senior team members who will guide you on your daily tasks. You’ll have lots of hands-on experience to prepare you for future opportunities.
What you will be doing:
- Develop and regularly update media lists and editorial calendars
- Research reporters and track media moves
- Conduct daily media monitoring
- Monitor trending news topics and flag them to appropriate team members
- Work with various internal departments to execute projects
- Provide administrative support for events
Skills that will contribute to your success:
- Current student or recent graduate with an interest in public relations
- Strong interest in learning about media relations and working with press
- Understanding of the basic principles of business writing and AP style guidelines
- A positive attitude and willingness to learn in a fast-paced environment
- Efficiently organize and manage multiple tasks with a keen eye for details
- Ability to manage different projects and deadlines at once
- Strong problem-solving/analytical skills
- Previous internships in public relations firms are a plus
Happy, Helpful, Humble, and Hungry: Check out more about our company culture here.
Equal Opportunity Employer: CB Insights is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.