Scrum Master Intern
Not every company has the opportunity to impact the lives of millions, we do. We are a global wellness technology company inspiring millions of people to adopt healthy habits for real life. We do this through engaging digital experiences, face-to-face workshops and sustainable programs that encourage people to move more, shift their mindset and eat healthier while enjoying the foods they love. By drawing on over five decades of experience and expertise in behavioral science, we build communities in order to deliver wellness for all. We are passionate about making a difference in lives of others and we want to start with you!
Summary of Role:
As a Scrum Master Intern, you will manage day-to-day aspects of one or more teams, which includes leading Agile meetings (Backlog, Planning, Review, Retrospectives, and Daily Stand Ups) and be an advocate for autonomous, self-organizing, empowered, and continuously improving teams.
- Embrace a servant leader role across scrum teams and support them by proactively identifying and removing impediments and dependencies
- Facilitate decision-making, issue resolution and consensus among the team members and dependent teams
- Balance personal ownership and accountability of immediate responsibilities with the flexibility and drive to jump in and fill gaps across the team as they arise
- Create a motivational, transparent, collaborative, fun, and trustful environment where teams can work efficiently and deliver high-quality products quickly
- Encourage and enable others
- A natural leader who easily commands the respect of the team and builds trusted relationships at all levels
- Serve as an Agile coach and teach teams agile methodologies
- Actively identify and remove waste and distractions
- Embrace an entrepreneurial spirit in identifying new methods of continuous improvement
- Model a philosophy of curiosity- and trust-based conflict resolution
- Actively reflect on your own behavior and continuously attempt to improve your most important asset - people, and their way of working
Skills and Requirements:
- Passionate about technology and building high-quality, user-centered products
- High degree of technical competency
- Strong oral and written communication skills, ability to analyze quantitatively, problem-solve, scope technical requirements and support prioritization exercises
- Exceptional organizational skills and familiarity with management tools (ex: Jira, G-Suite) a plus
- Must be attending an accredited university
- Completed 3 or more courses in your major
- Cumulative GPA in your major of 3.0 or higher
WW is an equal opportunity employer. WW does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, creed, national origin, marital status, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.