Software Engineer, Intern (2019)
What do we do?
At Teachers Pay Teachers (TpT), we’re unlocking the power of educator-created content. More than 2 out of 3 teachers in the U.S., Canada and Australia come to TpT every year to get teacher-tested, engaging, and rigorous materials. What began as a humble exchange for teachers looking to share lesson plans has since exploded into a massive marketplace where teachers have created more than 3 million resources for all aspects of PreK-12 education.
More than five million educators worldwide (including teachers, administrators, and parents) have downloaded TpT resources more than a billion times. If you haven’t heard of TpT yet and want to learn more, just ask a teacher. Or try this recent article in Forbes.
As a Software Engineering intern at TpT, you will be working on a variety of projects within highly collaborative, cross-functional teams. Some problems you could be solving include:
- Working closely with our product teams using data to uncover and execute on new opportunities
- Scale our systems as load, users and transactions are rapidly increasing
- Working on a variety of problems from search & personalization, to multi-service orchestration, to building resilient APIs that support new product and features.
Qualities for a successful candidate:
- 1-2 previous Software Engineering internships
- Comfortable working across a high scalability stack in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- A rising senior for the 2019/2020 Academic year
- Available for a summer internship over the course of June - August 2019
Extra Points for:
- Experience with service oriented architectures
- OSS Contributor
- Knowledge of Search, Marketplaces, or Ed-Tech