BuzzFeed is the world’s leading independent digital media and tech company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally and spreads Joy and Truth across the internet.
Our portfolio of brands are household names that people rely on to inform and entertain, including: BuzzFeed, BuzzFeed News, Tasty, Nifty, Bring Me, Cocoa Butter, Pero Like, Worth It, and Unsolved to name a few! These properties and their Creators reach over 134M people a month through articles, lists, videos, animations, quizzes, podcasts, original series, newsletters and more.
BuzzFeed is looking for a software engineer to help us build the next generation of machine learning products. This role is perfect for someone who's interested in machine learning, software architecture and who wants to work on projects with huge impact. Your work will affect the way readers around the world experience the best content on the internet.
You will report to the Data Engineering Group Lead in New York, surrounded by passionate people who are generous with their time and want to help you grow at BuzzFeed. You will work with engineering, product, design, and data colleagues globally across time zones. We are working remotely, and we expect to eventually re-open our offices when it is safe to return, in 2021.
- Work with data scientists and engineers to develop new machine learning models
- Partner with product engineering teams to integrate machine learning models into new features
- Learn about techniques to improve the performance of models
- Develop services that help serve models
- Reach across the entire tech stack at BuzzFeed and develop an understanding of large-scale media companies' architecture and operations
- You have 2 or more years experience working on large-scale software infrastructure systems
- You have previously built APIs for Python or Go
- You have an interest in learning frameworks such as Scikit-learn, Tensorflow, and Keras
- You value testing, instrumenting and documenting your work
- You embrace change and iterate quickly
- You are comfortable with SQL
- You feel comfortable working with diverse teams and picking up new skills
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
- An attractive and equitable compensation package, including salary and stock options
- A generous and well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more
- Plenty of snacks (healthy and indulgent), catered lunches, beverages, etc..
BuzzFeed is the world’s leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth and joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world’s largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.