Group Nine Media is one of the world's largest digital-first media companies, boasting over 5 billion monthly video views and reaching 80% of U.S. adults in their 20s. As the no. 1 most engaging publisher on the social web, Group Nine's brands are built for consumption on the platforms where their millennial-focused audience spends the majority of their time. Group Nine is home to NowThis (the no. 1 most watched video news creator on social), The Dodo (the no. 1 animal brand on social), Thrillist (the most trusted brand in food, drink, travel & entertainment) and Seeker (the digital leader in science and innovation).
Group Nine Media is currently seeking energetic, informed, and responsible Interns to join our fast-growing company for its first-ever Summer Internship Program. Our interns will learn the ins and outs of Group Nine Media from every angle you can imagine. Whether you’re joining us as a video, tech, executive, HR, marketing or events intern, you will receive hands on experience within the digital media industry. You will learn how our company functions on the day-to-day, and gain a firsthand look at how various parts of the organization come together to spark action.
Please indicate the type of internship you’re looking for in your cover letter (video, finance, preferred brand).
- Perform other duties as assigned - this language covers other ad hoc responsibilities
- Come to the table with new ideas
- Be involved in the internship project from start to finish
- Be willing to always come to the table with new ideas
- Collaborate and create within the teams you’re working with and be willing to lend a hand when needed
- Attend and take part in each of our social and learning events
- Be proactive in your daily work & don’t be afraid to ask questions - show us you’re hungry for knowledge
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High school degree or equivalent; must be enrolled in an accredited university/college program
- Must be a rising junior, senior or recent graduate
- A passion for the content we cover and familiarity with our brands
- Passion, knowledge or experience in the digital media industry
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Independent team player, who comes to the table with new ideas and is engaging
We offer great benefits such as medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), PTO, company paid AD&D, Life Insurance, Short-term & Long-term disability, and much more!
Group Nine Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.
Group Nine Media is also a participant in e-verify.