Web Marketing Internship
Why Join Us?
We believe education is a key driver of change and upward mobility, so we want to make sure it can be as accessible as possible. See how we’ve evolved, and also know we aren’t stopping here. #Ambitious
We believe every person counts and every student deserves the best. That’s why we eliminated the back row. Instead, everyone gets a seat in the front row and becomes one step closer to their brightest possible future. We’ve built 2U up to what it is today with this core philosophy of No Back Row, so it’s a little important. Just a little.
We’re a group of fun people all striving towards the same goal within 2U. Our teams collectively produce the culture that we thrive in—one that promotes creativity and passion. Our culture is a key aspect to our success, so we’re constantly seeking talent who can bring our eight guiding principles to life.
The Web Marketing Team
As a Web Marketing intern, you will utilize marketing tech and analytics tools to execute web strategy across 2U’s portfolio of programs. This is a great opportunity to apply your interest in marketing and data analysis and grow your skills in marketing analytics, project management and digital marketing strategy. In this role, you’ll gain exposure to an integrated marketing organization including Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO).
Your responsibilities may include:
- Assist with the development and execution of organic web strategy for 2U-powered online graduate programs.
- Improve site structure, page construction, SEO copywriting
- Use analysis tools to create and improve the team’s reporting
- Coordinate creative asset development for website improvement projects
- Perform regular site audits using Google Analytics and SEO tools to monitor site health
- Learn and implement web marketing best practices
- Maintain clear, thorough documentation of site updates and performance
Things that Should be in Your Background
- Must be currently enrolled and in good standing in an undergraduate program, either part time or full time. Majors in marketing, business or statistics preferred
- Experience working in HTML and Web Analytics platforms (Google Analytics preferred)
- General understanding of marketing and/or online marketing
- Interest in using data to make decisions
- Familiarity with content management systems (CMS)
- Familiarity with the concept of A/B testing
- Focus on achieving defined results, by being detail-oriented and exceeding goals and objectives
Other Attributes That Will Help You In This Role
- Ability to multitask, switch priorities, and be flexible
- Desire to collaborate with colleagues
- Excellent communication skills—verbal and written
- Passion and eye for well designed, conversion optimized websites
- Flexible, open-minded and detail-oriented
- Focused on achieving defined results, and exceeding goals and objectives
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment while working with a diverse team
- You are not scared of change, and you’re able to constantly adapt and evolve with our organization
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
2U partners with great colleges and universities to build what we believe is the world’s best digital education. Our platform provides a comprehensive fusion of technology, services and data architecture to transform high-quality and rigorous campus-based universities into the best digital versions of themselves. 2U's No Back Row® approach allows qualified students and working professionals around the world to experience a first-rate university education and successful outcomes. To learn more, visit 2U.com.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Why It’s Great to Work at 2U
2U offers a high-energy work environment that’s both challenging and fun. We work hard, but our offices are casual and social places. We wear jeans to work and fuel brainstorming sessions with snacks and seltzer.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits, pay and dismissal.