Assistant General Counsel at Brex
Why join us
Brex is reimagining financial systems so every growing company can realize their full potential. As the financial OS, we’re building software and services in one place—disrupting long-entrenched institutions with products and experiences that better serve the ambitions of our customers.
Working at Brex allows you to push your limits, challenge the status quo, and collaborate with some of the brightest minds in the industry. We’re committed to building a diverse team and inclusive culture and believe your potential should only be limited by how big you can dream. We make this a reality by empowering you with the tools, resources, and support you need to grow your career.
Legal and Compliance at Brex
The Legal team helps the company grow responsibility, advocating for Brex and for the thousands of growing businesses we serve. We provide strategic advice and guidance to all Brex teams, protect Brex, advise on risk, and represent the company externally, negotiating with partners and interacting with regulators. Reimagining the financial system in a highly regulated environment requires creativity and resourcefulness, and we welcome the challenge.
What you’ll do
Reporting to the Chief Legal Officer, this person will partner closely with the company’s Co-Founder and be responsible for building and managing the corporate function for the company. This is a great opportunity to be a leader on a growing legal team and be influential in defining corporate strategy.
- 10+ years working experience in a combination of law firms and technology or traditional financial services companies, experience in startups is a plus
- Outstanding judgment and integrity, ability to balance complex matters independently and closely manage outside counsel
- Creative disposition and a problem-solving approach to lawyering that draws on your experience and your intuition coupled with validation of assumptions and the law
- Thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and able to turn work around very quickly, as needed
- Management experience required and the ability to build a world-class team
- Entrepreneurial and ability to work across various modes of communication
- JD and admitted to practice in at least one jurisdiction