Ro is the healthcare technology company building a patient-centric healthcare system. Ro’s vertically integrated primary care platform powers a personalized, end-to-end healthcare experience from diagnosis, to delivery of medication, to ongoing care. With a nationwide provider network, in-home care API, and proprietary pharmacy distribution centers, Ro seamlessly connects telehealth, diagnostics, and pharmacy services to provide high-quality, affordable healthcare without the need for insurance. Since 2017, Ro has facilitated more than six million digital healthcare visits in nearly every county in the United States, including 98% of primary care deserts. Visit Ro.co for more information.
Ro was named #2 in Wellness on Fast Company’s 2019 list of the World’s Most Innovative Companies, listed by Inc. Magazine as a Best Place to Work in 2020, and earned its Great Place to Work Certification in 2020.
We’re looking for an Associate Counsel, Health Regulatory to join the growing Legal Team at our headquarters in New York (temporarily working remotely)! This role will report to our Senior Counsel, Regulatory and have a variety of responsibilities, including advising our operations, clinical, and technical teams on telehealth, data privacy, licensure, fraud & abuse, and other compliance matters, drafting and negotiating physician agreements, and providing support on launches and strategic initiatives.
Who are you? You want to be an in-house health regulatory expert, and you are excited about working on dozens of assignments at the same time collaboratively across departments at Ro. You are collaborative, friendly, flexible, and eager to learn about all facets of the business. You are organized, detail-oriented, and comfortable operating in a fast-paced environment.
What You'll Do:
- Work closely with our technical, operations, and clinical teams and advise on a broad array of regulatory issues
- Examine the company’s business practices for regulatory compliance on an ongoing basis
- Contribute your experience and guidance to strategic initiatives and launches
- Review, draft, and negotiate a variety of contracts (think: technology vendors, business associate agreements, agreements with doctors or PCs)
- Assist with dispute resolution and investigations
- Create, revise, and implement company policies
- Help manage external counsel
What You'll Bring:
- You are an attorney with a JD, admission to a state bar, and 2-3 years of relevant in-house or law firm experience
- You have experience counseling clients on a variety of regulatory and healthcare matters (bonus for digital health!)
- You are familiar with healthcare data privacy, including HIPAA and applicable state laws
- You are comfortable handling tasks and answering questions that are unfamiliar to you
- You are able to assess and balance both legal and business risks
- You are a skillful drafter and issue-spotter, and a clear communicator
- Experience representing technology and/or emerging growth companies, particularly in the digital health space
- Experience with telehealth, in-home care, insurance, EHR systems, Medicaid and Medicare, FDA guidance, consumer protection issues, and communicating with the federal government, state governments, and professional boards
Benefits + Perks:
- Full medical, dental, and vision insurance + OneMedical membership
- Healthcare and Dependent Care FSA
- Paid parental leave
- Paid short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Life insurance policy
- Unlimited PTO
- Fitness reimbursement
We welcome qualified candidates of all races, creeds, genders, and sexuality to apply.