Associate, Direct Contracting
Hi, we’re Oscar.
We are working hard to provide the kind of health insurance we would want for ourselves. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, and human. We need your help to do so.
About the Role:
Oscar is changing healthcare delivery by curating a strong network of doctors and facilities dedicated to providing high quality, accessible care at a reasonable cost. The Direct Contracting team is responsible for negotiating provider agreements to build and continuously refine this network.
As a Direct Contracting Associate, you will execute these key network deals and ensure Oscar’s strategic vision, commitment to our members, and operational standards are reflected in our partnerships. You will also help manage and drive improvements to the Direct Contracting team’s core operations to enable Oscar to expand and evolve our existing markets efficiently and effectively.
In this position, your primary responsibilities will be to:
- Serve as a subject matter expert on Oscar’s network architecture and identify opportunities to refine it
- Source, structure, and execute deals to close network gaps and meet expansion targets
- Coordinate the operationalization of Oscar’s contracts and collaborate with internal stakeholders to process amendments and address any partnership issues
- Support cross-training, problem-solving, and knowledge development across the Direct Contracting team
- Systematize processes and synthesize best practices to continuously improve Oscar’s contracting strategy and operations
The ideal candidate for this role is:
- A fast learner. You’re can get into the weeds of our business and quickly pick up the core operations, economics, and terms of Oscar’s network contracting. You also have a Bachelor’s degree from a top program.
- Experienced. You have 2+ years of work experience in healthcare, contracting, or sales, with a proven track record of managing processes. It will be a strong plus if you have specific experience working with or on behalf of care delivery systems or providers.
- An expert collaborator and communicator. You thrive in cross-functional, external-facing roles. You enjoy navigating complex interpersonal dynamics to reach agreement and build relationships.
- Strong at synthesizing information. You are a structured thinker and can distill complex inputs into fundamental themes and priorities.
- Versatile. You have the flexibility to work both with and without structure and both independently and as part of a team.
- Organized. You are a natural at project management. You have a keen attention to detail and are a relentless prioritizer.
- Analytical. You are comfortable building, tracking, and analyzing metrics to identify improvement opportunities in core operations.
- Independent and scrappy. You can manage your own time and enjoy problem-solving when given limited or ambiguous inputs.
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we work to cultivate an environment where exceptional people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change healthcare -- an experience made whole by your unique background and perspectives.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team ([email protected]) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy: Oscar's Pay Transparency Policy ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.