Associate General Counsel
Blink Health is fixing how broken, opaque, and unfair healthcare is. We're a well-funded healthcare technology company on a mission. We’re changing healthcare through technology and transparency. With our proprietary technology, everyone now has access to the lowest prices on over 15,000 medications. But there is more work to do.
We are a continuously learning, curious, collaborative team dedicated to inventing new ways of working in an industry that historically has resisted innovation. We're assembling the experienced and talented team to get this done.
About the role:
This position will be responsible for providing impactful support to Blink’s legal and compliance teams as well as various Blink Health product and business teams as we continue to build at Blink. The primary responsibility for this position will be to Identify, interpret, and apply, in a highly ethical manner, legal and regulatory requirements and determine their implications for the business. The ability to effectively assess and communicate such risk, and relating structuring, is critical in this role.
What You’ll Do:
- Counsel Blink Health’s business partners with effective advice on product initiatives, regulatory matters and business goals
- Identify, interpret, and apply state and federal compliance requirements and analyze their implications for the business
- Stay informed of and properly communicate any changes to or developments in health laws, regulations, standards, and guidance which may impact Blink’s business
- Leverage subject matter experience in various areas of health compliance matters and develop added expertise in support of new initiatives
- Ensure that all appropriate employees and management are knowledgeable of, and comply with, pertinent federal and state health laws and privacy standards, including employee education and training
- Demonstrate initiative with commitment and ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
What You’ll Need:
- Juris Doctorate degree and state license to practice law
- Excellent academic credentials
- 4+ years health law experience
- Strong organization and attention to detail ability
- Highly effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to problem-solve in a highly ethical and legally-compliant manner
- Expert collaboration skills
- Why Join Us:
At Blink, we put humans first.
It's our ambition that everyone at Blink is doing the best work of their lives.
Your professional development is paramount. Not only will you have the opportunity to learn alongside some of the best in the business, but we also host a multitude of structured in-office learning opportunities: extensive onboarding, Brown Bags, Women's leadership classes, deep dives on health care issues, Book Club, and our Blink Thinks series with external guests. We have a number of personalized programs --- including weekly check-ins with your manager and Blink Individualized Growth (aka B.I.G.) Plans ---- to ensure you are always growing.
In addition to the satisfaction of working for a mission-driven company, we offer a competitive salary, fully-sponsored healthcare, stock options, communal breakfast and lunch every day, Blink-sponsored clubs, monthly events, happy hours, and more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity of all kinds. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status