Ro is the healthcare technology company building a patient-centric healthcare system. Ro's vertically-integrated primary care platform powers a personalized, end-to-end healthcare experience from diagnosis, to delivery of medication, to ongoing care. With a nationwide provider network, in-home care API, and proprietary pharmacy distribution centers, Ro is the only company to seamlessly connect telehealth and in-home care, diagnostics, and pharmacy services nationwide to provide high-quality, affordable healthcare without the need for insurance. Since 2017, Ro has facilitated more than six million digital healthcare visits in nearly every county in the United States, including 98% of primary care deserts. Ro also provides its patient-centric solutions including Workpath, its in-home care API, and Kit, its at-home diagnostic testing service, to other healthcare companies. Visit Ro.co for more information.
Ro was named #2 in Wellness on Fast Company's 2019 list of the World's Most Innovative Companies, listed by Inc. Magazine as a Best Place to Work in 2020 and 2021, and named one of FORTUNE's 2021 Best Workplaces In Health Care.
We’re looking for a Commercial Counsel to join the growing Legal Team at our headquarters in New York (temporarily working remotely)! This role will report to our Director, Senior Counsel, and will be responsible for commercial contract drafting, negotiation, and form maintenance.
Who are you? You have experience in-house drafting and negotiating commercial contracts. You understand contracting at scale and have ideas and experience creating efficiencies in the process. You are friendly, flexible, and eager to learn about all facets of the business. You are organized, detail-oriented, and comfortable operating in a fast-paced environment.
What You'll Do:
- Review, draft, negotiate and interpret a wide variety of commercial contracts including vendor agreements (such as SaaS and other license agreements), master and professional services agreements, non-disclosure agreements, supply chain agreements, commercial leases, and marketing and advertising contracts
- Provide legal advice to achieve business milestones while managing legal and commercial risk
- Create, manage, and maintain legal team form contracts
- Support contract management, vendor onboarding, and other processes to help Ro scale
What You'll Bring to the Team:
- You are an attorney with a JD, admission to a state bar, and a minimum of four years of relevant experience with at least three years of in-house experience drafting and negotiating the types of contracts listed above
- You are comfortable handling tasks and answering questions that are unfamiliar to you
- You are able to assess and balance both legal and business risks
- You are a skillful drafter, issue-spotter, and problem-solver
- You are a clear communicator
- You are familiar with data privacy laws, including CCPA
- Experience representing technology and/or emerging growth companies, particularly in the digital health space
Benefits + Perks:
- Full medical, dental, and vision insurance + OneMedical membership
- Healthcare and Dependent Care FSA
- 401(k) with company match
- Unlimited PTO
- Wellbeing + Learning & Growth reimbursements
- Paid parental leave + Fertility benefits
- Pet insurance
- Student loan refinancing
- Virtual resources for mindfulness, counseling, fitness, and physical therapy
We welcome qualified candidates of all races, creeds, genders, and sexuality to apply.