We’re looking for a highly analytical Contracts Manager to join Procore’s Legal team. In this role, you’ll serve as the primary point-of-contact for vendor contracting, advising on processes and status, and driving recommendations to support company and departmental policies and guidelines.
As a Contracts Manager, you’ll draft, review, revise, and negotiate a wide variety of inbound and outbound commercial and technology contracts including vendor, independent contractor, marketing, events, licensing, confidentiality, and other agreements. You’ll assist in the creation and maintenance of contract-related processes, systems, and playbooks to improve transaction velocity, efficiency, and standardization while also identifying improvements to current workflows. Successful candidates are self-motivated, organized, and resourceful. If you’re an astute negotiator with impeccable judgment—we’d love to hear from you!
This position has the opportunity to be based in our Carpinteria, Bay Area, Austin, or New York City offices. We’re looking for someone to join us immediately.
What You’ll Do:
- Maintain our contract workflow system and repository, routing documents for signature, and tracking various transaction documents
- Lead contract lifecycle management through close-out including tracking and executing modifications, renewals, expirations, and other post-execution deliverables ensuring compliance with contractual terms
- Collect and report on contract-related metrics, metadata, and other data points
- Support compliance initiatives by ensuring appropriate contractual terms are in place with key vendors and partners, manage and update compliance records, and coordinate compliance initiatives with other members of the Legal team
- Organize, maintain, contribute to, and archive our contract library of agreements, templates, playbooks, and guidance documents
- Assist in conducting vendor and customer due diligence and advising on vendor evaluation, selection, and management
- Prepare presentations, and draft and revise letters, legal documents, and other materials requested by the Legal team
- Conduct periodic company-wide and departmental training on contracting processes and initiatives
- Lead or support additional organizational, administrative, and special projects, as needed
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university with exceptional academic credentials
- 5+ years of relevant contract management experience; or comparable experience in an in-house legal department, ideally at a SaaS or other technology company
- Practical, business-oriented approach to problem-solving with the ability to identify business and legal issues
- Experience working collegially and collaboratively with multiple stakeholders and internal teams with the ability to engage effectively with employees at all levels of the organization
- Ability to balance workloads with multiple client demands and shifting priorities while still meeting internal SLA commitments and established timelines
- Basic familiarity with data privacy and data security issues in SaaS
- High proficiency in Google and Microsoft Office applications and Adobe Acrobat
- DocuSign, Salesforce, SimpleLegal, and Ironclad experience is highly desirable
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively counsel internal clients by providing clear and concise advice and creative solutions to meet business needs
- Hardworking, confident, self-starter with strong follow-through skills and a passion for results
- Strong desire to learn the business, new areas of law, and to function integrally as part of an interdisciplinary team in a fast-paced environment
- Passion for technology and energized by the challenges of serving a growing company in a dynamic environment
- Detail-oriented with the ability to consistently produce high quality, accurate, and complete work products
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, housing complexes, and more. Our headquarters is located on the bluffs above the Pacific Ocean in Carpinteria, CA, with growing offices worldwide. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore!
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome builders of all backgrounds. We thrive in a diverse, dynamic and inclusive environment. We do not tolerate discrimination against employees on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: competitive health care plans, flexible paid time off (Procore Values Time), employee enrichment and development programs, and volunteer days.