Coordinator, Legal and Business Affairs
Group Nine Media is looking for someone enthusiastic about taking on the Coordinator, Legal & Business Affairs role to help manage the administration and workflow on the Legal team.
- Manage the company-wide media rights and clearance system.
- Develop and manage internal Team processes, including a document administration system, legal requests system, invoice and budget tracking process, and a process to coordinate review between the Legal and Business Affairs Team and Finance Team.
- Coordinate with business stakeholders to route, manage, and track legal requests.
- Maintain the Legal Team budget, corporate insurance policies, intellectual property and domain portfolios, and other company records.
- Provide administrative assistance.
- Perform basic legal tasks (drafting, research, etc.) as necessary.
- Maintain calendars and schedules.
- Schedule and coordinate internal and external meetings.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- BA/BS degree; paralegal studies program certificate is a plus.
- 1-2 years relevant paralegal/legal assistant experience; in-house experience at a media or technology company is a plus.
- Ability to read, draft, and understand basic legal terms and contractual provisions.
- Basic familiarity with linear and digital programming deals, intellectual property law, contract law, advertising law, data privacy and security matters, and corporate law issues.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Willingness to learn new topics and deal with unfamiliar issues.
- Excellent organization, prioritization, problem-solving, and communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite; familiarity with contract administration software is a plus.
- Strong interest in the business and desire to work within a multidisciplinary team.
About Group Nine Media:
Group Nine Media is one of the world's largest digital-first media companies, boasting over 5 billion monthly video views and reaching 80% of U.S. adults in their 20s. As the no. 1 most engaging publisher on the social web, Group Nine's brands are built for consumption on the platforms where their millennial-focused audience spends the majority of their time. Group Nine is home to NowThis (the no. 1 most watched video news creator on social), The Dodo (the no. 1 animal brand on social), Thrillist (the most trusted brand in food, drink, travel & entertainment) and Seeker (the digital leader in science and innovation).
We offer great benefits such as medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), PTO, company paid AD&D, Life Insurance, Short-term & Long-term disability, and much more!
Group Nine Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.
Group Nine Media is also a participant in e-verify.