Do you like to work in a fast-paced and results-oriented environment? Are you a problem solver that can explain complicated concepts in a simple way? Do you want to practice law at a high growth technology start-up? Do you have broad experience with software contracts? Join Bizzabo’s Legal team!
Bizzabo’s legal team is growing! We're looking to add a customer centric Corporate Counsel to our powerhouse legal function who is pragmatic, well versed in commercial contracts and an entrepreneurial thinker. Reporting directly to our Director of Legal, you will partner closely with our go to market teams on commercial contracts, negotiate and create contracts with vendors and proactively develop creative business solutions to scale our Legal team.
Bizzabo is the leading event success platform for in-person, virtual, and hybrid events. Bizzabo’s all-in-one event software helps companies measure, manage, and scale events towards key business outcomes—empowering every organizer, marketer, exhibitor, and attendee to unleash the power of professional events. Bizzabo powers events for brands like Amazon, Electronic Arts, Financial Times, Forbes, Siemens, and Salesforce, to name a few. The company was founded by Boaz Katz, Alon Alroy, and Eran Ben-Shushan, and has hundreds of Bizzaboers working around the globe.
Community Details and Perks:
The Bizzabo Community
At Bizzabo we believe that culture is more than just happy hour and a ping pong table (though we do love a good ping pong tournament), we believe that culture is everything we do and how we do it. Our values are what help to guide us in our interactions with each other, our customers, and anyone who crosses paths with Bizzabo. Bizzabo fosters an environment of communication and trust. We don’t just offer the opportunity to share ideas, we encourage you to own your ideas and bring them to fruition.
Our core values as a community have carried over to the virtual workspace as we’ve transitioned to remote work in light of COVID-19.
- We offer a comprehensive insurance package at no out of pocket cost to the employee, 401k, Pre-tax commuter benefits, and a generous vacation policy.
- We are a dog friendly in-person and virtual office!
- For new employees joining us during this remote work period, we offer a comprehensive virtual onboarding experience with a stipend to get your remote office set up.
- We have frequent Bizzabonding activities including bi-weekly sponsored lunches, bi-weekly happy hours, virtual cooking classes, yoga classes, fitness classes, and other virtual bonding activities to keep our Bizzaboers engaged and connected. We welcome all new ideas and encourage each Bizzaboer to participate or lead their own virtual event!
What you’ll be doing:
- Work closely with the go to market teams on drafting, negotiating, managing, and executing agreements with a wide variety of customers
- Draft, review, and negotiate a wide variety of vendor and partner agreements
- Work directly with colleagues across Bizzabo to analyze legal risks, devise creative solutions and develop strong, trusted advisor relationships while maintaining a big picture view of business needs and company goals
- Assist with developing best practice processes, playbooks, and contract automation
Who you are:
- JD or LLM from accredited Law School
- Licensed in good standing with a state bar (New York preferred)
- 3-4 years of relevant experience (e.g., technology department of a law firm or in-house legal department of a technology/SaaS company, focused on commercial transactions)
- Varied experience (e.g., DD, IP, labor, and/or data privacy) preferred
- Excellent contract drafting and negotiation skills
- A deal maker, with prominent business acumen
- Outstanding interpersonal and communications skills
- Flexible mindset combined with technical knowledge and passion for innovation
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced, disruptive business