Flatiron’s Legal team practices at the intersection of healthcare, research and technology. We are a small group that provides legal and strategic support across the entire company. We work efficiently to drive our business forward while maintaining high standards for professionalism and compliance.
We are looking for a Corporate Counsel to continue to help accelerate Flatiron’s mission to accelerate research and improve treatment for oncology patients. This role will support the Company’s corporate initiatives, commercial transactions within our Provider and Academics facing teams, business development and partnership activities as as well as other legal matters that inevitably arise throughout our day. Reporting to the General Counsel, this role will work across the company to identify needs, provide advice, and execute on contracts and processes to allow Flatiron’s business to grow.
- Partners with executive leadership on key legal matters associated with Flatiron’s community oncology providers and academic institutions activities, including transactional, intellectual property, contractual and regulatory areas.
- Collaborate with various teams within Flatiron, including Business Development, Sales, HR, Recruiting, Communications, and others to provide strategic and legal guidance.
- Lead, from beginning to end, the structuring, drafting, reviewing, negotiating and closing of transactions.
- Provide creative legal solutions for all areas of the business.
- Continually review and analyze legal risks and opportunities to Flatiron from the changing healthcare regulatory and competitive environments.
- Drive regulatory risk management initiatives - assisting all operational areas in the identification and assessment of potential risks and executing mitigating activities.
- Build training and other processes to allow Flatiron’s teams to execute within a clear legal framework.
Who You Are:
- JD Degree
- 5-7+ years of legal experience
- Member and in good standing of any State Bar
- Ability to work independently, and exercise excellent judgment
- Research, writing, communication, and organizational skills
- Experience with technology transactions, specifically intellectual property and data use rights
- Fluency with technology that enables you to communicate and work effectively with team members
- Ability to multi-task, work under tight time pressures, prioritize work, and react quickly to changing business needs and demands all in a fast-paced, high-growth business environment
- You have a passion for helping the world beat cancer
- Trained within the Corporate department of a Big Law firm
- Experience working in the legal department at a Clinical Research Organization, Academic Medical Institution, hospital system or other healthcare related organization
- Regulatory and compliance experience in the health IT sector, including knowledge of HIPAA, HITECH, Sunshine Act and healthcare fraud and abuse laws