Corporate Counsel at Knotel
The Corporate Counsel will be a key member of the legal team assisting with, and in many cases managing, the corporate legal functions that power Knotel, including with respect to employment, international expansion, employment, corporate governance and other transactional and commercial matters. S/he will also be responsible for assisting with certain ongoing strategic matters and transactions. This position reports to our Associate General Counsel, Corporate & Securities.
What You’ll Do:
- Provide support to Knotel’s corporate transactional work, including coordinating among the legal, finance, and corporate development teams and external counsel.
- Support the company’s People team with human resources matters, including employee issues, hiring into new markets, and company policies and practices.
- Assist with expansion into new markets, including working with local counsel to launch new markets world-wide.
- Implement and manage compliance procedures vital to our business, including with respect to FCPA, AML and “KYC” procedures.
- Assist the company’s Finance team with ongoing audit, valuation, and expense issues related to the Company’s equity and debt matters.
- Support the Company’s board and stockholder relationships, including managing board communications and supporting our investor relations team.
- Provide support on corporate governance best practices, including assistance on general board and shareholder matters, the formation of corporate governance policies, securities filings, and coordination of stock or equity issuances.
- Manage relationships with outside counsel and assist cross-functional workstreams with internal departments.
- Build and manage machinery and tools that can scale to keep up with Knotel’s rapid growth.
Who You Are
You have an entrepreneurial spirit and product driven mindset. You’re excited by the challenges that come along with building a disruptive business and this role is exciting to you because you want to build and improve internal process, policies and products at a high growth company. You pride yourself on your judgment and ability to act decisively in situations requiring quick but thorough analysis and decision-making. You’re detail-oriented, have strong organizational and communication skills, are able to prioritize and re-prioritize based on changing business needs, and thrive in fast-paced outcomes-driven organizations. You also have the following:
- At least 4-6 years of experience either at a top tier law firm on in-house, preferably including experience at a start-up and/or high growth company (though candidates with law firm experience counseling similar stage clients are also encouraged to apply).
- Experience advising clients on employee relations matters, including both broader policy-based considerations as well as focused responses to discreet employee matters.
- Familiarity with and/or experience implementing and managing key compliance policies for a high growth, world-wide enterprise.
- A history of managing outside counsel (or, as outside counsel, have managed teams of colleagues) toward meeting deadlines and adhering to budgets.
- Ability to communicate with business colleagues as well as legal colleagues, including at the highest levels of a high-growth company.
- A JD from a top accredited law school and exceptional academic credentials.
- Membership in good standing of the New York bar, or eligible to register as in-house counsel in New York.
Knotel is the world’s leading flexible workspace provider that gets, fits, fills and manages space for customers. Knotel caters to established and growing companies, giving them the freedom to focus on their business, culture, and people. With over 4 million square feet across 200 locations in three continents, Knotel is transforming commercial real estate and moving companies forward.
Knotel was founded in 2016 by Amol Sarva and Edward Shenderovich to give businesses the flexibility and speed to scale on their own terms. All Knotel spaces are tailored to the needs of each individual company by an in-house team of architects, interior designers, and workplace strategists. For more information, please visit www.knotel.com.
Our Core Values
- Fly your Flag - Don’t check your identity at the door. Bring it inside - we are better for it.
- Don’t Look Away - Care for the details no one told you about. Make every space a home and give the gift of belonging.
- Outcomes, Not Processes - Time is precious. Save it. Start with the goal and back out the journey
- Get Uncomfortable - Innovation starts at the edge of the unknown. Embrace the adventure and sign up for the hairy challenges.
- “Where is it Engraved…” - Question orthodoxy.
- Share in the Victory Dance - No one summits alone. Leverage the best in others and offer the most in yourself.
Diversity & Inclusion at Knotel
At Knotel, we know that a diverse workforce fosters our individual and collective success. We are committed to building an inclusive, collaborative culture where people of all races, genders, sexual orientations, and religious backgrounds can do their best work. This is all fueled by our employees, who drive the efforts and initiatives outlined here.