Corporate Counsel at Urbint
We're looking for our first in-house Corporate Counsel to help us accomplish our mission of using AI to help utilities and infrastructure operators make informed decisions and maximize risk reduction for every dollar spent, creating safer, more resilient communities.
In this role, you’ll be responsible for all legal matters, ranging from general corporate and employment to software licensing agreements. You'll do everything from reviewing customer and vendor agreements to providing strategic and legal advice on complex business transactions. You’ll work with a variety of stakeholders, including the executive leadership, sales, finance, product and people teams.
We'll be excited to hear your recommendations on how to structure contracts, transactions, and the the business infrastructure to enable continued growth. You will have experience working at a high growth enterprise software company, are highly analytical and have a strategic mindset. This role will have an active, independent, and trusted voice that will be critical in all operational considerations of the business.
This opportunity is meant for an ambitious professional seeking to grow his/her career.
What you’ll do:
- Provide creative, practical and principled legal solutions for all areas of the business
- Continually review and analyze legal risks to Urbint
- Develop and maintain updated template agreements that reflect Urbint's new and evolving products and services
- Lead the structuring, drafting, reviewing, negotiating and closing of corporate and commercial transactions
- Manage and liaise with a variety of external counsel partners
- Maintain a rigorous attention to detail, ability to deliver on tight deadlines, and changing priorities
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- J.D. from top law school
- Active member in good standing of at least one state bar
- Experience negotiating and drafting a range of commercial and technology transactions – specifically including Professional Services and SaaS licensing agreements
- Experience working on a small team at a high growth enterprise software company
- Meticulous, trustworthy, honest, humble, self-starter
- Superior problem-solving skills and ability to manage competing priorities and deadlines
- Extraordinary interpersonal skills and ability to provide sound, clear and succinct legal advice and analysis to legal and business teams in both verbal and written forms
- Mission Driven - Some companies use AI to serve better digital ads and trade stocks, we seek to make our communities safer and more resilient.
- Top Compensation - Competitive compensation package.
- Best in Class Medical Coverage - 100% benefits and premiums paid.
- Health Perks - Gym reimbursement
- Strong Culture - collaborative teamwork, humility, and hustle.
- Catered lunch on Thursdays, plus a kitchen filled with snacks and drinks.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.