Expert Consultant: US Political Landscape + Digital Campaign Operations
Graphika leverages the power of artificial intelligence to create the world’s most detailed maps of social media landscapes; we are the cartographers of the Internet Age. We pioneer new analytical methods and tools to help our partners navigate complex online networks.
Graphika seeks an expert to assist with investigations of US-based domestic disinformation networks in 2020. The best candidates know the US political landscape in and out, and are familiar with digital campaigning operations on across the political spectrum. This subject matter expert will have the opportunity to contribute to a wide range of projects, both analytical and investigative.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Generate lists of social media accounts that can be used to create network maps of the US political landscape, including candidates, influential media commentators, and known purveyors of electoral disinformation.
- Assist with the labelling of resultant network maps, identifying communities and actors of interest to political campaigns and candidates.
- Assist with the delivery of reports based on data generated by Graphika mapping, and other analytical tools, providing context and analysis on movements infiltrated by automated accounts, efforts to interfere with elections on social media, extremist threats online, hate speech campaigns, or other issues.
- Conduct rapid analysis to fulfill information requests and assist with investigative efforts.
- Regularly compose in-depth briefings on the nature and state of emerging media manipulation and disinformation threats to the US 2020 elections and census keeping tabs on social movements and conflict actors.
Qualifications and Skills
- Understanding of online and offline domestic actors in the US who have an interest in influencing the outcome of the election, including previous information operations that took place around the 2016 elections and the 2018 midterms.
- Knowledge of potential targets of disinformation, including fringe candidates, wedge issues and vulnerable campaigns.
- Proven professional experience in the areas of detecting and deciphering signals of online disinformation and/or social media manipulation.