We're looking for a General Counsel to help us accomplish our mission of improving lives by learning from the experience of every cancer patient. Here's what you need to know about the role, our team, and why you'll love making Flatiron Health the next step in your career.
What You'll Do
As General Counsel, you will oversee our Legal, Privacy and Compliance teams, who collectively provide legal and regulatory guidance on matters related to company strategy, commercial contracts, business development and partnerships, intellectual property, employment, international expansion, privacy, regulatory and corporate compliance and other day-to-day legal and business services. You will report directly to the Chief Executive Officer and be responsible for hiring, developing, and scaling our Legal, Privacy and Compliance teams, expertise, best practices, and associated cross-functional processes to manage legal, compliance and enterprise risk. You will create and foster relationships with key stakeholders within the company and across the Roche Group. You will identify and take advantage of appropriate opportunities to work collaboratively with other legal teams within the Roche Group, for example, to access resources, share best practices, and enhance productivity.
In addition, you will:
- Provide strategic guidance, consultation, and partnership to senior leadership on a comprehensive range of legal and business issues involved in supporting Flatiron’s mission and company objectives
- Review and analyze legal risks to and opportunities for Flatiron associated with the constantly changing healthcare regulatory environment
- Guide your team in the interpretation of new healthcare regulations and their implications for our business
- Craft and review legal strategy in response to any litigation
- Supervise outside counsel effectively and efficiently
- Partner with the executive team to identify risk areas to the business and form appropriate mitigation strategies
- Manage complex and sensitive cross-functional projects with our Technology, Medical, Finance, People, and other teams as needed
- Grow, scale, and develop our exceptional LP&C team
Who You Are
You're an experienced legal executive, strategic business partner, and leader with substantive experience in the healthcare industry - ideally, spanning healthcare technology, drug development and the many associated considerations in the curation and use of real world data. You're excited by the prospect of rolling up your sleeves and rallying your team to tackle meaningful problems every day. You’re a kind, passionate and collaborative problem-solver who seeks and gives honest feedback and values the chance to improve the lives of cancer patients.
- You have 15+ years of strong expertise in healthcare regulatory, general corporate, transactional, intellectual property, and compliance issues
- You have led multidisciplinary legal teams and partnered across a cross-functional leadership team and organization to drive business results
- You have regulatory and compliance experience in the health IT sector, including deep knowledge of HIPAA, HITECH, and healthcare fraud and abuse laws
- You have experience transacting with pharmaceutical companies
- You possess the creativity and vision necessary to allow us to be nimble while staying compliant in a heavily regulated industry
- You bring a business-oriented, pragmatic mindset to solving legal, regulatory, and commercial problems
- You create clarity through simple, crisp communication with a focus on educating and aligning the teams you lead and support
- You bring energy to your work and your team - and spread this enthusiasm to others
- You are tenacious in the face of adversity, always looking for a way forward, learning with humility, and sharing those learnings freely
- You are motivated by serving your team and your business partners’ success and prioritize company goals and needs ahead of your own interests
- You hire and foster representative and inclusive teams and create shared trust and psychological safety to unlock their potential
- You have a JD degree and are a member of good standing of any State Bar
If this sounds like you, you'll fit right in at Flatiron.
Why You Should Join Our Team
A career at Flatiron is a chance to work with everyone involved in the future of cancer care—all in one place. Researchers, academics, oncologists, engineers and more all work together here to deliver better solutions. This means we have a chance to touch more lives and deliver better outcomes for patients. You'll also find exceptional benefits, a culture of continuous learning and a commitment to supporting our team members in all aspects of their lives—at home, at work and everywhere in between. We offer:
- Flatiron University training curriculum which includes presentation skills, meeting mastery, coding languages and more
- Career coaching opportunities
- Hackathons for all employees (not just our engineers!)
- Professional development benefit for attending conferences, industry events and external courses
- Work/life autonomy via flexible work hours and flexible paid time off
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks for either parent)
- Back-up child care
- Flatiron-sponsored fitness classes
Flatiron Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.