The Legal team at Chainalysis advises both internal and external stakeholders on the forefront of cryptocurrency and its constantly evolving regulatory landscape. Our job is to ensure the company continues its rapid growth by employing sound and efficient judgment to support operations around the company and influence a groundbreaking industry as it matures and becomes more widely adopted.
The General Counsel at Chainalysis is an advocate for new and innovative solutions at Chainalysis and strategically creates and applies legal frameworks to our product offerings, company expansion, and associated data privacy, risk management, and ethical considerations. We measure success by the smooth execution of company growth initiatives, amplification of our influence on key stakeholders and decision makers in the financial regulation and law enforcement space, and the identification and mitigation of risks associated with a high-growth company in a nascent industry.
In one year you’ll know you were successful if…
- You’ve led the (nearly) frictionless completion of company growth initiatives like M&A, IPO-readiness plans, and strategic legal entity creation.
- You have built a team of domain experts that spot opportunities for Chainalysis to continue to offer more value to clients while protecting our most valuable assets
- Your evangelism for our products and mission has resulted in key partnerships and broader mindshare in the legal community that resulted in shaping the future of fighting financial crime.
- You’ve enabled various teams to develop and adhere to our ethical philosophy around data privacy, customers, and the rapid growth of our business.
- Chainalysis has successfully avoided and navigated corporate and labor issues in our global offices.
- You’ve managed our various outside counsels and ensured that we utilize those firms efficiently.
A background like this helps:
- A juris doctorate degree and relevant experience with high-growth publicly-traded companies.
- Expertise in financial regulations, financial crime, and financial markets.
- You’re keenly aware of the IPO-journey and which issues to optimize for at each stage of the process.
- You have broad domain knowledge encompassing the many facets of corporate governance.
- You can translate legalese into vernacular that everyone can understand.
- Your judgement is unmatched and you have experience resolving complex issues with integrity and confidentiality.
- Ambiguity feels empowering instead of challenging to you.
At Chainalysis, we help government agencies, cryptocurrency businesses, and financial institutions track and investigate illicit activity on the blockchain, allowing them to engage confidently with cryptocurrency. We take care of our people with great benefits, professional development opportunities, and fun.
You belong here.
At Chainalysis, we believe that diversity of experience and thought makes us stronger. With both customers and employees around the world, we are committed to ensuring our team reflects the unique communities around us. Some of the ways we’re ensuring we keep learning are an internal Diversity Committee, Days of Reflection throughout the year including International Women’s Day, Juneteenth, Harvey Milk Day, and International Migrant’s Day, and a commitment to continue revisiting and reevaluating our diversity culture.
We encourage applicants across any race, ethnicity, gender/gender expression, age, religion, ability, experience and more. Additionally, if you need any accommodations to make our interview process more accessible to you due to a disability, don't hesitate to let us know. You can learn more here. We can’t wait to meet you.
Applying from the EU? Please review our Candidate GDPR Notice.
By submitting this application, I consent to and authorize Chainalysis to contact my former employers, and any and all other persons and organizations for information bearing upon my qualifications for employment. I further authorize the listed employers, schools and personal references to give Chainalysis (without further notice to me) any and all information about my previous employment and education, along with other pertinent information they may have, and hereby waive any actions which I may have against either party(ies) for providing a reference. I understand any future employment will be contingent on the Company receiving satisfactory employment references.