Legal Assistant - Paralegal
Shutterstock is seeking a Legal Assistant-Paralegal to work closely with the other members of the Legal Department, providing support to the Company’s corporate functions and business operations.
- Manage and maintain digital and hard copy filing systems, including contract database and shared drives. Develop best practices for records management.
- Track legal matters and transactions from inception through deadlines, renewals and conclusion to signature, including preparing documents for signature
- Support IP team with IP prosecution and management of trademark, patent and copyright dockets.
- Provide significant and substantive assistance in various general corporate matters, including entity formation, entity dissolution, entity foreign qualifications and DBAs, filing and maintaining licensure, and liaising with tax department.
- Maintain a library of pre-approved form documents, contract clauses, templates, and historical documents, and add or revise material as needed.
- Create and deliver initial drafts of form agreements including NDAs, vendor and supplier contracts and independent contractor agreements.
- Update and manage workflows, including prioritizing requests and ensuring deadlines are met, including managing legal project queues in project management system.
- Review and process legal invoices; work with vendors and internal accounts payable and procurement departments to manage timely payments; manage and maintain e-billing system; track legal expense budget and reconcile monthly legal invoices
- Assisting with global department-wide communications and activities.
- Assist with other tasks and projects on an as-needed basis
- Must be highly detail-oriented, possess exceptional writing and organizational skills and be comfortable representing legal department interests while liaising with stakeholders in other departments
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a legal assistant or paralegal position; prior experience with IP docketing or corporate filings preferred but not required.
- Must be responsive and flexible to a variety of business needs, while managing multiple priorities, and adapting quickly to change
- Results-oriented, entrepreneurial approach- resourceful, ability to problem-solve
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office, with ability to navigate Google Apps and cloud-based storage (i.e., Box).
- Experience with Salesforce and databases, preferably a CMS solution, strongly preferred.
- Notary Public license and/or knowledge of foreign authentication process a plus.
- Knowledge of copyright and trademark, International tax and intellectual property laws preferred- otherwise, strong interest in law/ learning
- High level of integrity and ability to maintain and protect confidential information
- Self-starter, able to work independently
For more information, please visit www.shutterstock.com and follow Shutterstock on Twitter and on Facebook.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V