At White Ops, we are all about keeping it human. We are the global leader in bot mitigation. We protect more than 200 enterprises—including the largest internet platforms—from sophisticated bots by verifying the humanity of nearly one trillion online interactions every week. The most sophisticated bots look and act like humans when they click on ads, visit websites, fill out forms, take over accounts, and commit payment fraud. We stop them.
Founded in 2012 in a Brooklyn sci-fi bookstore, our Bot Mitigation Platform protects enterprises from the sophisticated bots that threaten them. It’s an ongoing war that we fight passionately every day. Join our mission to stop bots, disrupt the economics of cybercrime, and keep it human.
The Legal team falls under Finance and Operations- the true foundation of the company! The team’s mission is to support all departments, with heavy emphasis on the revenue cycle. The main function of the team is to deliver objective, relevant and creative solutions to legal issues and problems. You will also get to work on various projects from lease agreements, employment agreements, data privacy and other compliance issues.
By joining the legal team at White Ops, you will gain a deep understanding of how our products work, best ways to negotiate a complex commercial agreement and meet truly wonderful and smart people. You will oversee legal functions and be able to experience working with all departments in an awesome cyber security environment.
What you'll do:
- In this role, you’ll work closely with the Finance and Sales/BD teams at White Ops to support the completion of commercial agreements including sales contracts, vendor contracts, non-disclosure agreements, and consulting contracts. To succeed you’ll also collaborate and work cross-functionally with multiple internal teams such as Sales, CSO, Engineering, Product and various project managers
- Establish clear OKRs (goals) for yourself that align with the company’s goals
- Leverage knowledge base to assist in contract negotiation strategy and overall processes within revenue operations
- Participate in strategic debates and decision making across the company with regards to contracts, compliance efforts and data privacy initiatives
- Use your experience to help the team with critical decisions in improvement of the contract process and reaching revenue goals
- Establish a collaborative culture to assist sales, product, engineering, and CSO about relevant changes to the legal/regulatory environment
- Hire and develop legal/compliance talent
- Assist on daily tactical items, as well as help develop legal strategy for long-term success
Who you are:
- Motivated, agile, willing to make mistakes and learn from them
- You are okay with tight deadlines and know how to prioritize work items
- You are okay with giving and receiving feedback
- You are a servant leader - you understand that you are here to serve the team and company to help make them successful and better humans
- You reason from legal/compliance/data privacy principles and evaluate options rigorously
- You lead by example
- You explain things well
- You are detail-oriented and have great recall
- You are a self-starter, you don’t look to others for guidance or wait for things to break down
- You are open, collaborative, and transparent in how you work
- You have both breadth and in-depth knowledge of legal, compliance and data privacy fields
- You have excellent verbal and written language skills, especially when talking about points of negotiation in contracts and potential legal/contract solutions
These are some additional skills that the team has developed and use regularly but are not required for new hires (other than a burning desire to learn them when needed):
- Have past experience in a SaaS environment
- Have a cybersecurity background
- Have law firm and/or start-up experience
Life at White Ops:
Our HQ office is located in the heart of New York City. We are growing the company deliberately with a keen eye towards maintaining a culture that values diversity, lifestyle, and career growth. We are doing meaningful work and we need people to join our mighty team. We are proud of our overwhelmingly positive presence on Glassdoor and Built in NYC. We have offices located in NYC, DC, Victoria, and London. Some perks of this incredible company include: unlimited paid time off, flexible work-from-home and remote working arrangements, generous maternity and paternity leave, education stipends, catered lunches, unlimited office snacks and offices all around the world!