Paralegal at Rokt
Who we are
Rokt makes e-commerce smarter, faster, and better. When customers are buying online, they increasingly expect more personalized and relevant experiences. Rokt uses real-time data and decisioning to deliver the next best action for each person in each Transaction Moment™. Founded in Australia in 2012, Rokt now also operates in the US, Canada, UK, France, Germany, New Zealand, Singapore, The Netherlands, Spain and Japan. Our clients include Live Nation, Staples, GoDaddy, Expedia, Wells Fargo, Vistaprint and HelloFresh. Rokt unlocks the hidden potential in every single Transaction Moment™.
With annual revenues of more than $100M and a vibrant company culture, Rokt has been listed in both Built In NYC's ‘Best Places to Work’ NYC and ‘Great Places to Work’ US . Our award-winning culture is guided by our four core values: Smart with Humility, Customer Obsessed, Conquer New Frontiers, and Enjoy the Ride. These values help us recruit, retain, and promote the right talent around the globe and ensure we have the right conditions to do our best work. Rokt closed our Series C in 2019, raising US$48m from TDM Growth Partners and existing investors. The investment supports our continued investment in research and development.
We are profitable, growing fast, and having fun transforming the world of e-commerce. Keen to join us?
Learn more at rokt.com.
- About the Role
- Become the fourth member of Rokt's legal team and work on a wide variety of legal matters, including commercial contracting, data privacy, intellectual property, marketing, employment, corporate secretarial, and M&A, among other topics.
- Work closely with Rokt’s Head of Legal, Corporate Counsels, and external counsel to address any and all legal issues touching the company.
- Learn not only about the law and the functioning of an in-legal department, but also work cross-functionally with members of the commercial, finance, product, engineering, business analytics, and marketing teams and see what makes a high-growth tech company successful.
- Outcomes & Responsibilities
- Assist the legal team's efforts in the preparation, implementation, and refinement of forms, processes, and procedures related to commercial contracting with Rokt’s partners, advertisers, and vendors.
- Help manage Rokt’s intake process for, and tracking of, deals, legal queries, documents, and general internal and external stakeholder management.
- Assist with the development, filing, and distribution of internal resources, FAQs, and training materials on legal topics for the company at large.
- Perform other assignments, strategic projects, or duties as needed, such as legal research, due diligence, contract management, monitoring developments in relevant privacy and data protection laws (such as GDPR and CCPA), industry analysis (such as SaaS best practices for regulatory compliance) and handling other administrative tasks.
- Assist with corporate governance material and other corporate housekeeping matters, including preparation for board and committee meetings when needed.
- Ensure that an accurate database of all legal documentation across the company is maintained and updated regularly.
- Capabilities & Requirements
- A bachelor's degree with excellent academic credentials.
- Highly organized and detailed oriented with strong work ethic, follow-through skills and overall good judgment.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- A team player with the ability to work autonomously and juggle competing demands and shifting priorities.
- A self-starter with a track record of success in your professional and/or collegiate life.
- A quick learner who enjoys tackling new problems and subject matter on a regular basis.
- Paralegal experience not required.
- Work with the greatest talent in town. Our recruiting process is tough. We hold a high bar because we have a high performing, high velocity culture - we only want the brightest and the best.
- Join a community. We believe the best things happen when we come together to solve complex problems and make meaningful connections with each other through interest groups, sports clubs, and social events.
- Accelerate your career. Develop through our global training events, ‘Level Up’ investment, online training courses and our fantastic people leaders. Take your career to Rokt’speed - the average time between promotions is 12 months
- Take a break. When you work hard, we know you also need to rest. We offer generous time off and parental leave policies. We also offer a paid Rokt’star Sabbatical for employees who have been with us 3 years or more.
- Stay happy and healthy. Enjoy catered lunch 3 times a week and healthy snacks in the office. Plus join the gym on us! In the US, access generous retirement plans like a 4% dollar-for-dollar 401K matching plan and get fully funded premium health insurance for your whole family.
- Become a shareholder. All Rokt’stars have stock options. If we succeed, everyone enjoys the upside.
- See the world! Along with our global all-staff events in amazing locations (Phuket, Thailand in January 2020), we also offer generous relocation packages for those interested in moving to another Rokt office. We have cool offices in great cities - Tokyo, New York, Singapore, Boston, Sydney.
- We believe in equality. Rokt is an Equal Opportunity Employer and recognizes that a diverse workforce is crucial to our success as a business. We would love you to apply for one of our open roles - irrespective of socio-economic status or background, age, gender identity, race, religion, sexual orientation, colour, pregnancy, carer/family responsibilities, national and social origin, political opinion, marital, veteran, or disability status.