letgo's the largest and fastest growing app to buy and sell locally. With over 75M downloads and hundreds of millions of listings to date, letgo’s been named among the “Hottest Startups” by Wired and “Best Apps” by Google, and it’s the second fastest growing app in America since its 2015 launch. Business Insider calls letgo “the go-to app for selling your stuff” and it’s been featured by The New York Times, The Today Show, USA Today, The Verge, Fast Company, The Wall Street Journal, Fortune and hundreds of others worldwide. Already among the most popular apps in America, letgo’s marketplace is filled with everything from electronics and cars to clothing and furniture. Listing something on letgo is as simple as taking a photo thanks to its advanced technology. It’s the only app of its kind that can automatically title and categorize an item using artificial intelligence. Plus, users can easily browse local listings, chat instantly in the app, and view each other’s profiles, ratings and reviews.
Based in our New York and Barcelona offices, our team of over 165 represents more than 20 nationalities. Fueled by our diverse expertise, letgo’s goal is to build the largest marketplace of its kind in the world. We’re looking for people who are as passionate as we are about creating something our users love and - just as importantly - who are excited by the challenge.
The Policy Manager for Trust & Safety is responsible for coordinating and driving decisions regarding trust and safety policies on the letgo platform. They will work to make letgo the most safe and trusted place for our customers to buy, sell and interact with one another online and in person. This person will use data to define the products that can and can’t be sold, the type of behavior that crosses the line, and the penalties for doing so. This person will also help to drive new programs to increase trust and promote safety on the platform. They will work closely with customer experience, legal and other disciplines within the organization and as such need to have excellent prioritization, communications and influencing skills.
We’re looking for someone who wants to build something huge and that people love because it makes their lives simpler:
We’ve built a company for people who want to do impactful work, surrounded by great people. We have a well-defined, mature culture — and we’re always making it better.
- Work as part of a team to develop a user first framework to help guide well researched, data-driven policy decisions
- Collaborate with customer experience, legal, product and other internal teams to build and manage a system and process to manage and track the consistent implementation and enforcement of letgo policies
- Consistently communicate our policies in a clear, objective and simple way with stakeholders within the company and externally
- Work closely with customer experience to set and define policies that are clear, simple, enforceable and help coach the team to ensure consistent enforcement
- Manage the rollout of new policies and changes to existing policies, including the development of analytical insights and operational support
- Drive operational deep dives on the effectiveness of current and potential policies
- Be an advocate for the customer and, using data and common sense, find and innovate on ways to help inform our customers and promote trust and safety on the platform
You must have:
- BA/BS degree and 5+ years of work experience in a policy or similar role
- Experience working on policy issues for a tech company
- Demonstrated capacity for critical thinking and analysis; strong attention to detail
- Deep familiarity with policy implementation, enforcement and operations
- Sound business judgment, strategic thinking and the ability to work well alone and as part of a team
- Ability and experience working independently with both local and distributed teams with minimal guidance
- Deals well with ambiguity
- Exceptional presentation, written and verbal communication skills
- 100% covered medical, vision, and dental care premiums for you and your family
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Beautiful, new office in the heart of Soho and along the beach in Barcelona
- Potential opportunities to travel to - and work in - both of our offices
- Robust relocation package
- Massage therapy (Barcelona office)
- Fully stocked kitchens
- Team-building activities
- Language and other courses
letgo is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to letgo's values. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.