Machine Learning Engineer
Over half a billion videos are watched across millions of websites on a JW Player video player every day. The Data Team at JW Player is responsible for processing the associated 3+ TB stream of data every day, extracting meaningful signals, and building valuable products for media publishers and viewers. As a Machine Learning Engineer at JW Player, you will be joining a small, collaborative team responsible for conceiving, designing, and building these products and their next generations. Powered by an AWS stack with both realtime and batch data processing, our models operate on a massive scale and have a large impact on our business.
In this role, you will:
- Develop solutions to improve existing JW Player data products such as recommendation engines, automated thumbnail engines, and video search
- Envision and build solutions for new ML applications that must operate at large scale
- Be responsible for bringing data products into production and for evaluating, optimizing and supporting them
- Build solutions for offline experimentation, enabling fast iteration for predictive models
- Provide expertise on machine learning concepts for the broader Data team and inspire the adoption of data science across the entire breadth of our organization
We are excited about candidates who have:
- 3+ years relevant experience as a data engineer or software engineer
- 2+ years experience bringing machine learning applications into production
- Fluency in Python (or other general purpose programming languages such as Java or Scala)
- Experience with one or more of the following: recommender systems, NLP, deep learning, computer vision
- Obsession with code quality and process-driven development
- Knowledge of big data tools like Spark, Hadoop, and Presto
- Excellent communication skills
- Contributed to open source projects
- A passion for building great products
JW Player is venture-funded, online video software company centrally located in Manhattan. Our team culture allows you to manage your own timelines and projects while being a part of the fastest growing tech industry—online video. Our flagship product, the JW Player, is deployed on over 2 million websites and streams billions of videos each month. It is used by a diverse group of publishers, ranging from Fortune 500 companies to individual bloggers. Our family of products also include video management, ads and analytics data; all key components of the video stack for publishers.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.