Marketing Director, eCommerce
Shutterstock is a growing, fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment within a disruptive marketplace. Well positioned as a disruptive leader in the digital content space, Shutterstock has the largest crowd-sourced digital content library in the world including images, vectors, music, and video. We manage a library of creative building blocks for a broad, expanding customer base creating new opportunities for our global audience segments.
Life at our headquarters in New York and working with our offices around the world is fast-paced and demanding, but it’s fun. As a public company, we expect to meet and exceed our targets to achieve success for our teams and the company. We foster product innovation and entrepreneurial thought processes through a startup-like environment.
This role will be responsible for leading Product Marketing for eCommerce. Specifically, the Director is responsible for working with the eCommerce business and the broader Marketing team to develop and execute integrated marketing plans. This will include:
- Generating customer and market insights to inform outreach strategies and customer activations
- Refining product positioning and messaging
- Developing creative assets for us on site, in social media and in ad campaigns
Success in this role means developing breakthrough marketing initiatives that drive the following KPIs:
- New customer acquisition and conversion
- Customer engagement with our products and retention
- Higher customer lifetime value
- Will be able to drive both strategy and execution
- Are analytical and creative with experience in high-growth e-commerce environments
- Have a passion for and are energized by the creative, advertising and media industry
- Are highly collaborative, working effectively and efficiently with all functions
- Have a background driving successful product launches and customer acquisition / retention strategies
- Play an integral role within the eCommerce Images business unit by driving go to market insights and strategy to help achieve business unit goals
- Work with GM eCommerce Images and Research & Analytics to generate quantitative and qualitative insights to influence marketing strategy and inform go-to-market plans / product positioning so what we're building adds the most possible value to the end consumer.
- Create effective go-to-market and ongoing marketing plans considering value proposition, target audiences, competitive landscapes, and other factors by collaborating closely with cross-functional teams to determine effective launch strategy and communications sequencing.
- Collaborate with CMO, GM eCommerce Images and Marketing channel leads to set quarterly team goals and priorities for marketing programs and initiatives to drive revenue.
- Develop and implement outbound marketing strategies and programs and in-product growth activations to drive consumer awareness and adoption.
- Demonstrate thought leadership in media and content marketing, the broader online ecosystem, and competitive landscape.
- Tackle complex challenges with a strategic mindset and create thoughtful recommendations and action plans for solving them with product and cross-functional leadership.
- 10+ years of experience in media and marketing communications
- Experience in online marketing including performance marketing channels like search, display and affiliate
- Experience with fundamentals of eCommerce analysis like funnel performance and measurement tools like Google Analytics
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Experience presenting to executive teams and large audiences.
- Proven ability to juggle multiple projects.
Shutterstock, Inc. (NYSE: SSTK), is a leading global provider of high-quality licensed photographs, vectors, illustrations, videos and music to businesses, marketing agencies and media organizations around the world. Working with its growing community of over 100,000 contributors, Shutterstock adds hundreds of thousands of images each week, and currently has more than 80 million images and nearly 4 million video clips available.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices in Amsterdam, Berlin, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, London, Los Angeles, Montreal, Paris, San Francisco, and Silicon Valley, Shutterstock has customers in more than 150 countries. The company also owns Bigstock, a value-oriented stock media agency; Offset, a high-end image collection; PremiumBeat a curated royalty-free music library; Rex Features, a premier source of editorial images for the world's media; and WebDAM, a cloud-based digital asset management service for businesses.
For more information, please visit www.shutterstock.com and follow Shutterstock on Twitter and on Facebook.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V