Marketing Director, Editorial
Shutterstock is seeking an experienced marketing professional to lead marketing strategy and execution for our Editorial vertical. This person will be responsible for communicating the value of Shutterstock’s Editorial offering and will be integral to building out and promoting our branding, positioning and go-to-market strategies, as well as driving market awareness and penetration among global media companies, digital & print publishers, PR agencies, news organizations and other key audience segments. As a Marketing Director, you will work closely with channel marketing experts, media sales, product and business leadership, and will report to the General Manager of Editorial.
- Define and communicate Shutterstock’s value proposition by identifying how our editorial product fits within the existing landscape and how it fills customer needs
- Define and implement ongoing marketing strategies to increase awareness, perception, and demand across both online and offline channels (CRM, events, etc.)
- Set quarterly team goals and priorities for marketing programs and initiatives to drive Editorial revenue
- Develop comprehensive marketing plans, identifying key marketing strategies and tactics to support the launch of a new products/features, content partnerships and ongoing engagement beyond initial push
- Work with product marketing and creative directors to craft product positioning and messaging to align with media customer segments
- Drive execution of multi-channel marketing activities in partnership with cross-functional teams
- Collaborate with Sales Marketing and Creative to develop high quality sales enablement assets including PPT presentations, one-sheets, brochures and video reels
- Assist with the execution of partnership events targeting media companies, publishers and PR agency segments
- BA in Marketing, Communication, or related field
- 5+ years of B2B marketing experience including product marketing, lead generation and supporting a sales organization
- Experience working for and/or marketing to global media companies
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Strong analytical skills and ability to think creatively
- Outstanding organization and attention to detail
- Proactive, can-do attitude with strong interpersonal skills; comfortable working with all functions and levels of the organization
- Both a strategic thinker and a doer
- Forward thinking with the ability to anticipate potential feedback or issues and solve for them upfront
- Added bonus: Deep understanding of the editorial content landscape and how it is evolving
- Added bonus: Entertainment and fashion event publicist contacts
Shutterstock, Inc. (NYSE: SSTK), is a leading global provider of high-quality licensed photographs, vectors, illustrations, videos and music to businesses, marketing agencies and media organizations around the world. Working with its growing community of over 190,000 contributors, Shutterstock adds hundreds of thousands of images each week, and currently has more than 125 million images and more than 6 million video clips available.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices in Amsterdam, Berlin, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, London, Los Angeles, Montreal, Paris, San Francisco and Silicon Valley, Shutterstock has customers in more than 150 countries. The company also owns Bigstock, a value-oriented stock media agency; Offset, a high-end image collection; PremiumBeat a curated royalty-free music library; Rex Features, a premier source of editorial images for the world's media; and Webdam, a cloud-based digital asset management service for businesses.
For more information, please visit www.shutterstock.com and follow Shutterstock on Twitter and on Facebook.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V