Thank you for your interest in joining the team at Betterment! We are all finding ourselves in an uncertain environment given the ongoing developments with Coronavirus (COVID-19). As you know, Betterment’s mission is to empower people to make the most of their money so they can live better, and we maintain that steadfast commitment regardless of market conditions.
We are hiring slowly but thoughtfully at this time. We will be reviewing all applications for each open role on a weekly basis through June, 2020. Given this shift in hiring pace, you may not hear back from us for a few weeks. If your application seems like a good fit for this position, we will contact you in order to schedule a phone interview.About the right team member:
You’re a performance marketer at heart and get psyched about new ways to introduce people to products that can help them live better. You know how to build relationships and negotiate with affiliate partners in order to drive meaningful customer growth with positive ROI. You have a deeply data-driven, systematic, and creative mindset, which you’ve applied to successfully optimize affiliate marketing portfolios and programs. Attribution and modeling excites you, and you don’t rest until you can tell thoughtful data stories to evolve your execution strategies. Data not immediately available? No problem! You think creatively to develop frameworks to assess both effectiveness and opportunity.At Betterment you will get to:
- Drive Betterment’s performance-based affiliate program by growing existing relationships and identifying new partner and format opportunities in order to acquire high-quality customers
- Optimize program structure and efficiency through routine ROI analysis and partner negotiations
- Own campaigns end to end: offer development, content update communications and compliance due diligence, platform manager (e.g., Impact Radius) management, analytics, reporting
- Embody our test and learn mentality by developing tests and iterating on learnings in-program and across channels
- Partner with internal teams and stakeholders (product, data engineering, analytics, legal and compliance, etc) to operationalize channel growth
- 2-4 years of affiliate program management and 4+ years of total work experience in a data-driven acquisition marketing role at a fast-paced workplace (brand or agency)
- Direct hands-on experience with affiliate partnership platforms such as Impact Radius
- Robust understanding of quantitative concepts around driving and measuring performance and ROI
- Demonstrated ability to analyze data from various reporting models (attribution, platform, proprietary, etc) in order to draw insights and steer optimizations and testing
- Experience working in an integrated digital marketing team, bonus points for hands-on experience managing other acquisition channels
- Self-starter approach to work, with drive to consistently exceed objectives and take on more responsibility
- Passion for disrupting an industry and being part of a team directly responsible for growing the customer base
Betterment is the largest independent online financial advisor with more than $22 billion in assets under management. The service is designed to help increase customers’ long-term returns and lower taxes for retirement planning, building wealth, and other financial goals. Betterment takes advanced investment strategies and uses technology to deliver them to more than 480,000 customers across its three business lines: direct-to-consumer, Betterment for Advisors, and Betterment for Business. Learn more.Come join us!
We’re an equal opportunity employer and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender or transsexual individual), sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, predisposing genetic characteristic, domestic violence victim status, arrest records, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.