Associate Director, Marketing Operations Segmentation at Audible (Greater NYC Area, NY)
Good storytelling starts with great listening. At Audible, that means each role and every project has our audience in mind. Because the same people who design, develop, and deploy our products also happen to use them. To us, that speaks volumes.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
The Audible Marketing Operations team is looking for a sharp, technically capable and data-focused Associate Director to help drive customer segmentation efforts and to power actionable insights to optimize audience strategy and performance of outbound campaigns. This role will have the opportunity to shape innovative customer-focused programs designed to deepen member relationships and enhance acquisition efforts. You must be a creative problem solver who can partner closely with business owners to support a customer-focused marketing strategy, and who can provide data-driven insights into campaign performance and channel health metrics.
As an Associate Director, Marketing Operations Segmentation, you will...
- Support Marketing and other stakeholder teams with sophisticated campaign targeting and segmentation capabilities (including support for Audible teams in global marketplaces).
- Develop and maintain segmentation for automated customer lifecycle programs (acquisition, new member onboarding, retention, etc.).
- Utilize A/B and multivariate testing in all new and high-priority campaigns; bring a test-and-learn approach that ensures continual optimization of campaign performance.
- Ensure audience segmentation supports testing strategies that allow for accurate measurement of campaign performance.
- Partner with Marketing and Business Intelligence stakeholders to assess campaign performance and make recommendations for optimizing future efforts.
- Build and maintain reports and dashboards on email/push channel performance and database health metrics.
- Collaborate with Product and Tech teams on roadmap to further develop our marketing tool suite and to improve our automation and personalization capabilities.
- Partner with Tech and Data Engineering teams on data integration initiatives in support of new targeting and segmentation capabilities (and to diagnose and drive resolution of technical issues relating to customer targeting and data hygiene).
- 5+ years in CRM, Database or Marketing Analytics roles.
- Advanced knowledge of SQL.
- Experience supporting outbound marketing teams, generating audiences for email, mobile push, and direct mail campaigns and ensuring segmentation supports campaign testing strategies (e.g., proper sampling techniques and sizing of treatment and control groups).
- Experience creating segments in support of multi-channel campaigns and automated customer journeys.
- Experience with Tableau or other data visualization tools.
- Familiar with customer attributes and outbound campaign data (email, mobile push channels).
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, Computer Science, Engineering or a related field of study.
- Experience with AWS Redshift.
- Technically capable with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical capability and a solid understanding of campaign performance and channel health metrics.
- Proficient knowledge of MS Office applications (esp. Excel and PowerPoint).
- Experience working in Jira or similar workflow management software.
- Knowledge of email and mobile push marketing best practices.
- Familiarity with statistical modeling and associated tools/programs.
- Familiarity with email/push testing and optimization platforms (Movable Ink, Persado).
- E-commerce experience (including prior experience with membership- or subscription-based businesses in a B2B or B2C industry.
At Audible, we innovate and inspire through the power of voice. We're changing the narrative on storytelling. As a leading creator and provider of premium audio storytelling, we've redefined the ways people access, discover, and share stories. The stories we tell have the ability to transport and transform everyday moments into meaningful experiences and it's our people who make Audible's service possible. We're listeners, storytellers, and problem-solvers. Our perspectives and experiences power our ideas and come together in our mission to unleash the power of the spoken word.
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.