What You’ll Do:
- Manage content output for a rapidly growing content hub, collaborating with internal stakeholders to ensure our content is highly engaging, educational, and accessible.
- Hone writing that exists to arm readers with all the information they need to make the best possible decisions for their health and wellbeing, in a way that is clear and comprehensive.
- Recruit freelance contributors and maintain those relationships, managing all aspects of the onboarding process.
- Leverage quantitative SEO tools while balancing this valuable data with the qualitative “why” of things.
- Edit and tweak articles as needed to maximize traffic acquisition potential and user engagement.
- Supplement submissions from our writers as needed to ensure our content is complete, fluid, and engaging.
- Manage upload of content into website CMS, ensuring technical components (such as internal links) are accounted for, and website information architecture is well maintained.
What You Bring to the Team:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 2-4 years of experience editing for a large medical publication or online medical resource
- Existing relationships with star journalists with extensive experience writing about health, medicine, and science for a general audience
- Working knowledge of content management systems (WordPress, Joomla, etc.)
- Excellent project management skills, you are natural when it comes to balancing multiple parallel workflows
- Comfortable working cross-functionally in a fast-paced environment
- You are hard-working, get along well with others, and don’t mind dad jokes
- Familiarity with web analytics platforms, such as Google Analytics, Omniture, etc.
- Prior experience with medical, legal, and regulatory review processes
- Deep understanding of SEO, in particular, content ranking factors
Benefits + Perks:
- Full medical, dental, and vision insurance + OneMedical membership
- Healthcare and Dependent Care FSA
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited PTO
- Fitness reimbursement
- Paid maternity/parental leave