Founded in 2017, Ro is a patient-driven telehealth company that puts you in control of your health. We’re patients, just like you, building technology to make healthcare accessible, affordable, and maybe even enjoyable. Ro powers three digital health clinics -- Roman for men’s health, Rory for women’s health, and Zero for fighting smoking addiction -- as well as Ro Pharmacy, a simple and affordable online pharmacy where every medication is $5 per month. The company’s nationwide networking of physicians and pharmacies provides a personalized, end-to-end healthcare experience from online treatment to the delivery of medication and ongoing care. Ro was named #2 in Wellness on Fast Company’s 2019 list of the World’s Most Innovative Companies, and listed by Inc. Magazine as a Best Place to Work in 2020.
As an Associate Editor, you will play a critical role in defining our content strategy of Health Guide—Ro’s digital publication. The Associate Editor will be charged with bringing out the very best in the work of both staff and contract writers. You will work directly with our Managing Editor, medical reviewers, and SEO specialists to build an enduring library of high-quality, engaging health-related content that is accessible to millions of readers each month.
Who are you? That's a great question. You’re a hard-working, detail-oriented editor who wants to help people live better lives by shaping articles that are engaging, empathetic, clear, complete, and underpinned by rigorous medical research. If this sounds familiar, we'd love to hear from you and strongly encourage you to include a cover letter with your application! (Yes, we read them)
What You’ll Do:
- Manage content output for a rapidly growing content hub, collaborating with internal stakeholders to ensure our content is highly engaging, educational, and accessible.
- Hone writing that exists to arm readers with all the information they need to make the best possible decisions for their health and wellbeing, in a way that is clear, compassionate, and comprehensive.
- Recruit freelance contributors and maintain those relationships, managing all aspects of the onboarding process.
- Leverage quantitative SEO tools while balancing this valuable data with the qualitative “why” of things.
- Edit and tweak articles as needed to maximize traffic acquisition potential and user engagement.
- Supplement submissions from our writers as needed to ensure our content is complete, fluid, and engaging.
- Manage upload of content into website CMS, ensuring technical components (such as internal links) are accounted for, and website information architecture is well maintained.
What You Bring to the Team:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 2-4 years of experience editing for a large medical publication or online medical resource
- Existing relationships with star journalists with extensive experience writing about health, medicine, and science for a general audience
- Working understanding of content management systems (WordPress, Joomla, etc.)
- Excellent project management skills, you are natural when it comes to balancing multiple parallel workflows
- Comfortable collaborating cross-functionally in a fast-paced environment
- You are hard-working, get along well with others, and don’t mind dad jokes
- Familiarity with web analytics platforms, such as Google Analytics, Omniture, etc.
- Prior experience with medical, legal, and regulatory review processes
- Deep understanding of SEO, in particular, content ranking factors
Benefits + Perks:
- Full medical, dental, and vision insurance + OneMedical membership
- Healthcare and Dependent Care FSA
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited PTO
- Fitness reimbursement
- Paid maternity/parental leave
We welcome qualified candidates of all races, creeds, genders, and sexuality to apply.