Associate Manager, Growth Marketing (SEO/SEM)
At Rent the Runway, our mission is to make women feel empowered and self-confident every single day by combining best in class technology, logistics, and customer service. Since our launch in 2009, we’ve developed proprietary technology, a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation, stores of the future, a viral brand, relationships with hundreds of fashion designers - and we are passionate about continuing to innovate our customer experience. We have pioneered the closet in the cloud and believe that every person globally will soon have a subscription to fashion. We are proud to be both a profitable and fast-growing business, with 11 million members of our community who believe that rental is the future.
As the Associate Manager, Growth Marketing you will have end-to-end ownership of a critical input into our business performance, overseeing both SEO and SEM at Rent the Runway. You’ll work with our product and engineering teams to optimize our site for search, while also developing campaigns across all stages of the customer acquisition lifecycle including awareness, consideration, registration, and activation - ultimately growing Rent the Runway’s customer base.
Are you a super-talented individual with innovative ideas on how to introduce Rent the Runway to prospective and current customers? Are you someone who can effectively communicate with marketers and engineers alike? If this sounds like you, plus you have a passion for onboarding emerging channels and “hockey-sticking” growth, keep reading!
- Develop and implement a highly efficient series of paid advertising campaigns to optimize spend and maximize new customer growth
- Manage all day-to-day aspects of SEM campaigns and SEO deliverables, audits, competitive keyword research, keyword strategy, and metadata writing
- Manage relationships with external agency partners to ensure Rent the Runway gets the very best standard of service and stretch goals are achieved
- Partner with technology and data analytics to develop and implement proper site and mobile pixel tagging
- Explore new and emerging campaign formats and acquisition channels to position Rent the Runway at the front of new opportunities in technology and fashion
- Manage and deliver consistent reporting to the leadership team providing a clear perspective on campaign successes, risks, and opportunities
- Bachelor's Degree plus 2-4 years in e-commerce marketing
- Expertise in web analytic technologies and SEO tools/platforms such as Google Analytics, Ahrefs, SEM Rush, and Google Search Console tools
- Must be highly quantitative, analytical, and a technical self-starter, including the ability to process and understand large data sets and clearly articulate program status to management
- Strong knowledge of online analytics/business intelligence tools such as Tableau, SQL, etc.
- Experience managing large paid media budgets and agencies
- Proven track record of running highly efficient customer acquisition programs from the early stages
- Experience working for the direct-to-consumer division of a multi-channel retailer or subscription-based e-commerce business preferred
- Strong bias for action and a hustler attitude
- Experience in a competitive, fast-paced and challenging environment
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the happiness and wellbeing of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun!
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- Industry leading 401k match - an investment in your future.