Community Marketing Associate
About Rent the Runway:
At Rent the Runway, our mission is to make women feel empowered and self-confident every single day by combining best in class technology, logistics, and customer service. Since our launch in 2009, we’ve developed proprietary technology, a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation, stores of the future, a viral brand, relationships with hundreds of fashion designers - and we are passionate about continuing to innovate our customer experience. We have pioneered the closet in the cloud and believe that every person globally will soon have a subscription to fashion. We are proud to be both a profitable and fast-growing business, with 11 million members of our community who believe that rental is the future.
About the Team:
RTR’s success has always been fueled by our community and word-of-mouth growth. The Local Marketing and Community Team is doubling down on cultivating communities of real & diverse women to drive brand awareness, as well as amplifying the RTR brand through large-scale activations in strategic local markets.
Rent the Runway is looking for a College Marketing Associate who will oversee the RTR College Ambassador Program and support greater Local Marketing and Community initiatives. In this highly collaborative and cross-functional role, you will fully manage the day-to-day of RTR’s 500+ member College Ambassador Network, develop and execute creative on-campus programming and digital campaigns, and scale RTR’s presence on college campuses from the ground up.
What You’ll Do:
- Fully manage and act as the face of the brand for RTR’s 500+ College Ambassador Community. Manage day-to-day questions and correspondence with RTR Reps.
- Collaborate with the Manager of Community to develop the ambassador program strategy and goals.
- Identify, recruit, train and onboard college ambassadors, turning them into brand evangelists who will drive brand awareness on their campuses.
- Inform RTR’s digital content strategy and approach to target the college demographic.
- Develop a comprehensive ambassador program curriculum, including monthly initiatives that align with greater RTR campaigns to drive awareness.
- Support with executing on campus ambassador events and digital initiatives; support the Local Marketing and Community Team with large-scale activations in strategic local markets.
- Support the content team on social channels targeting the college demographic.
- Collaborate with members of the Local Marketing and Community Team to engage, manage, and scale greater RTR ambassador communities
- Hit program goals, accurately report on performance and share results with key stakeholders across the company.
- You are a people-person and community builder; you are energized by spending time with other people.
- You have 2+ years of experience working in marketing or community (internships acceptable).
- You have strong communication skills across multiple mediums and are able to provide clear, concise information to key stakeholders on various teams.
- You have an entrepreneurial drive, you’re a self-starter, and have demonstrated the ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
- You have an innate sense of curiosity and desire to solve problems, make decisions and take action on both an individual and collaborative basis.
- You’re proficient in Powerpoint and Excel.
- At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the happiness and wellbeing of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun! .
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- Industry leading 401k match - an investment in your future.