Community Marketing Associate at Rent the Runway
About Rent the Runway:
Rent the Runway is transforming the way modern women get dressed and disrupting the $2.4 trillion global fashion industry by enabling women to rent, versus buy, clothing. Founded in 2009 with a vision to build the world’s first living closet, RTR believes that women everywhere will soon have a subscription to fashion. Rent the Runway has pioneered a new industry by transforming the traditional model of clothing consumption, making apparel rental an indispensable utility while also powering women to feel their best every day. RTR offers apparel, accessories and home decor from over 650 designer partners and has built in-house proprietary technology and a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO and Co-Founder Jennifer Hyman’s leadership, Rent the Runway has been named to CNBC’s “Disruptor 50” five times in ten years, and has been placed on Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies list multiple times. RTR has five retail stores of the future, 11 million community members and employs nearly 1,800 people, all of whom have equal benefits across the organization, 93% of whom are female and/or non-white, with 80% of leaders who are women.
About the Team:
RTR’s success has always been fueled by our community and word-of-mouth growth. The Local Marketing and Community Team is doubling down on cultivating communities of real & diverse women to drive brand awareness, as well as amplifying the RTR brand through large-scale activations in strategic local markets.
Rent the Runway is looking for a College Marketing Associate who will oversee the RTR College Ambassador Program and support greater Local Marketing and Community initiatives. In this highly collaborative and cross-functional role, you will fully manage the day-to-day of RTR’s 500+ member College Ambassador Network, develop and execute creative on-campus programming and digital campaigns, and scale RTR’s presence on college campuses from the ground up.
What You’ll Do:
- Fully manage and act as the face of the brand for RTR’s 500+ College Ambassador Community. Manage day-to-day questions and correspondence with RTR Reps.
- Collaborate with the Manager of Community to develop the ambassador program strategy and goals.
- Identify, recruit, train and onboard college ambassadors, turning them into brand evangelists who will drive brand awareness on their campuses.
- Inform RTR’s digital content strategy and approach to target the college demographic.
- Develop a comprehensive ambassador program curriculum, including monthly initiatives that align with greater RTR campaigns to drive awareness.
- Support with executing on campus ambassador events and digital initiatives; support the Local Marketing and Community Team with large-scale activations in strategic local markets.
- Support the content team on social channels targeting the college demographic.
- Collaborate with members of the Local Marketing and Community Team to engage, manage, and scale greater RTR ambassador communities
- Hit program goals, accurately report on performance and share results with key stakeholders across the company.
- You are a people-person and community builder; you are energized by spending time with other people.
- You have 2+ years of experience working in marketing or community (internships acceptable).
- You have strong communication skills across multiple mediums and are able to provide clear, concise information to key stakeholders on various teams.
- You have an entrepreneurial drive, you’re a self-starter, and have demonstrated the ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
- You have an innate sense of curiosity and desire to solve problems, make decisions and take action on both an individual and collaborative basis.
- You’re proficient in Powerpoint and Excel.
- At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the happiness and wellbeing of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun! .
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- Industry leading 401k match - an investment in your future.