Compliance Associate, Marketing
Thank you for your interest in joining the team at Betterment! We are all finding ourselves in an uncertain environment given the ongoing developments with Coronavirus (COVID-19). As you know, Betterment’s mission is to empower people to make the most of their money so they can live better, and we maintain that steadfast commitment regardless of market conditions.
We are hiring slowly but thoughtfully at this time. We will be reviewing all applications for each open role on a weekly basis through June, 2020. Given this shift in hiring pace, you may not hear back from us for a few weeks. If your application seems like a good fit for this position, we will contact you in order to schedule a phone interview.About the right team member:
You are eager to join a dynamic team to help build out the marketing compliance function at the most innovative registered investment adviser and broker-dealer in the world. You value clear communications and enjoy applying rules and guidelines to writing and collateral. You’re thorough, always ask questions, and are great at constructively communicating your rationale. You love collaborating and building relationships. You think outside the box and find working across the business to find solutions fun! You are excited to develop your expertise in the marketing compliance space and are always seeking new and better ways to improve practices. You are ready to roll up your sleeves and get to work in the most exciting work environment there is!At Betterment you will get to:
- Review and approve firm marketing materials including advertising, presentations, website, and emails.
- Ensure that all communications comply with applicable regulatory guidelines.
- Partner with and provide guidance to help the marketing team reach their goals.
- Assist with implementing related policies and procedures.
- Help with firm training and education.
- And so much more!
- 1- 3 years experience.
- Strong prioritization and time management skills.
- Desire to work in a fast paced and changing environment.
- A meticulous attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Ability to work well across various business units and develop strong partnerships.
- Previous compliance marketing review experience.
- Familiarity with SEC and FINRA advertising rules.
- Series 24.
Betterment is the largest independent online financial advisor with more than $22 billion in assets under management. The service is designed to help increase customers’ long-term returns and lower taxes for retirement planning, building wealth, and other financial goals. Betterment takes advanced investment strategies and uses technology to deliver them to more than 480,000 customers across its three business lines: direct-to-consumer, Betterment for Advisors, and Betterment for Business. Learn more.Come join us!
We’re an equal opportunity employer and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender or transsexual individual), sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, predisposing genetic characteristic, domestic violence victim status, arrest records, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.