Transfix is the leading freight marketplace that's transforming the $700 billion trucking industry, connecting shippers to a national network of reliable carriers. Fortune 500 companies such as Anheuser-Busch, Unilever, and Target rely on Transfix to handle their most important FTL freight needs. With instant pricing tools, guaranteed capacity, data-driven insights, and reliable service, Transfix is changing the world of transportation one load at a time. Come leave a positive impact on the environment as we help reduce the carbon footprint caused by the 65 billion wasted miles on the road.
Transfix was named one of Forbes' "Next Billion-Dollar Company" in 2018.
Based in New York City, Transfix is backed by top VC firms including New Enterprise Associates (NEA), Canvas Ventures, and Lerer Hippeau. The company has raised more than $78.5 million in funding.
The problems we solve everyday are real and require creativity, grit, and determination. We are building a culture that challenges norms while fostering experimentation and personal growth. We're hiring team members who are passionate and are energized by the vision to simplify and transform one of the largest and most complex industries through technology, data and a strong commitment to customers.
Marketing is a key part of driving the business at Transfix - from building the brand to the acquisition and retention of customers (who care just as much about their customers as we do) and carriers. Marketing also works tirelessly to build great relationships with key stakeholders to our business including industry experts, industry analysts and the media.
As the Content Marketing Manager, you will play a critical role in bringing the Transfix voice to life through clear, compelling content across mediums/channels. You will shape our voice to create content that builds awareness and drive online conversion or get an executive selected to speak at a conference. While you will report to a strong Head of Marketing and partner with several other marketing experts, including a Graphic Designer, you need to be a strong individual contributor, with proven ability to manage your own set of projects and communicate requests and outcomes effectively. You should also have a proven commitment to quality control, making sure everything that “goes out the door” is of the highest quality, and works for the channel of choice. You also know how to write effective content for a wide variety of offline and online tactics (events, direct mail, email, social media, media relations, etc), and for a range of assets (infographics, slide decks, collateral, emails, landing pages, signage, press releases, etc.). As Transfix's storyteller, you will have a direct impact on our growth.
If you are excited about tackling challenges to improve the lives of truckers and shippers across the country and reinventing an industry from the inside out, send us your resume.
What you'll do:
- Work closely with brand agency and Head of Marketing to develop and manage messaging matrix for multiple audiences (press, prospect, customers) and goals
- Plan and write thought leadership pieces that will help to establish Transfix as an industry leader and expert
- Write copy for marketing initiatives including marketing campaigns, sales to Fortune 500 execs, outreach to individual truck drivers and branding to prospective employees
- Support team by developing effective, conversion-focused copy for marketing, sales, customer retention and recruitment efforts
- Collaborate closely with the Graphic Designer to create effective short- and long-term processes for requesting new content/assets and managing/indexing existing assets so they’re easy for key stakeholders to find and use
- Partner with sales, account management, carrier management and key execs to create an actionable, consistent strategy for capturing, editing and using customer quotes, stories and use cases
- Partner with product/tech teams to ensure that all content is an accurate reflection of the product in its current state and speaks to the true marketplace differentiators
- Manage organic social media, including the creation and maintenance of an editorial calendar, posting cadence, plan for community management (proactive sharing, interaction and conversations with individuals/other brands). Coordinate with Performance Marketing Manager to ensure cohesion with paid social efforts.
- We’re seeking an excellent and persuasive writer with an extensive portfolio across various channels/objectives
- Proven experience varying messaging/content by audience and objective; brand strategy experience is ideal
- 3-5 years of experience writing targeted content that generates measurable impact; B2B/enterprise sales experience ideal
- Ability to quickly produce high quality content in a variety of different forms (ie Op-Eds, Product releases, marketing copy, social media posts, blogs, etc.)
- This role requires a brand publisher mindset: create the content our audience is looking for and then to optimize the path to conversion
- Editorial requirements include basic SEO understanding, content categorization and structure, content development, distribution and measurement. Development of editorial governance so content is consistent with our brand voice, style and tone.
- While this is a creative role, we are still seeking a data-driven mindset; this person must be able to gather and analyze data from a variety of sources to make intelligent, informed recommendations on the type of content or copy to create
- Past experience managing social media platforms and creating community engagement on a variety of outposts
- Meticulous attention to detail, excellent organization skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Researcher mentality, with focus on and interest in the latest content marketing trends
- Understanding the strategy and approach of Account Based Marketing (ABM) is ideal
To all recruitment agencies: Transfix does not accept unsolicited agency resumes and will not be held responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.